MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dave1

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Italia
Registration date : 2018-01-23

How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Empty
PostSubject: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 2:37 pm

I beg your pardon, I did a mess, while trying to send pictures I erased text. anyway, i bought it used from Yahoo.japan by means of rinkya, from pictures it seemed fine, but when I opened package I found it that way, guess it was a model kit in origin, no box or assembly manual included. So what i should try to do to fix it, exactly?

Last edited by dave1 on Mon May 20, 2019 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 5:47 pm

It looks as though the recoil tube needs screwing in a bit further.

8ace
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2017-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 8:35 pm

I agree with 8ace, screw the receiver extension all the way so that no screw threads are showing.
Brough
Back to top Go down
dave1

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 9:24 pm

oopps, I did it again, here picsHow to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Img_2015
How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Img_2014
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi Dave1,
Firstly gently unscrew the screw retaining the receiver extension that can be found at the rear on the butt pad.

How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? S_dsc010

Then remove the butt stock, but be careful not loose the rear pivot pin detent and spring. Tighten the receiver extension until it is just shy of flush with the buffer detent. Push the buffer retainer down and screw extension until it covers the detent allowing it to move up and down freely.

How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? S_dsc011

How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? S_dsc014

How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? S_dsc015

Then refit the pivot pin detent and spring.
How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? S_dsc012

Refit the butt stock onto the tube and tighten the retaining screw.
Hopefully this will remedy your fitment issues.
Brough
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 10:48 pm

Ignore the detent laying next to the receiver in the last photo, the detent goes in first followed by the spring.
Back to top Go down
dave1

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 11:40 am

Brough2 wrote:
Ignore the detent laying next to the receiver in the last photo, the detent goes in first followed by the spring.

Thanks a lot for your tips, I'll put them to practice as soon as I got time to get down the basement where I keep my long replica collection Smile
Back to top Go down
dave1

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Thank you again, I fixed it! Very Happy  It wasn't so much the recoil tube that needed screwing in a bit further than the screw at the rear of the butt pad that was loosened and had to be screwed better. see pictures.
How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Img_2016
How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Img_2017

And now I'd have another question........
How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Img_2018

As seen in picture, the optics mount fixed in the carrying handle has the fixing knob screwed too tight and I can't succeed in removing it. How could I take it off without damaging the handle or any other part of item? Or it would be better to leave it as it is? thanks again for tips
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 9:52 pm

Well done, looking good now.
Does the locking screw have a slot cut for a screw driver, if it has you can source a piece of short steel rod of the same thickness of the slot, you can then try and un tighten it, kind of like a "T" handle.
Take your time and nothing should get damaged.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?   How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to fix firmly marushin m16 buttstock to frame?
Page 1 of 1