MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka P8

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tanaka P8 Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka P8   Tanaka P8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 11:07 am

Tanaka P8, a new model from Tanaka (well new last year) Looks like a USP to me so not sure what the difference between the 2 is. Anyway its an Evo 2 model so made with some sort of new resin plastic? It also has the new Evo 2 round. I can only see 2 real changes, from a none evo model, 1 the evo 2 round which is an alloy round so light and the tube inside has a very thin seal on it, I have no idea what improvement that makes. 2 the barrel, the barrel is a lot heavier and thicker and I assume is made of this new resin, whatever material its made of its good and strong and a good upgrade.

I have to assume that other improvements have been made even though I cannot see what they are, simply because the old model USP had loads of problems. 1 problem the trigger was prone to snapping within 2 mags fired, the new trigger (although looks the same) has had several mags put through it and all is well. 2nd problem was the area around the trigger on the lower frame, a very weak part on the old model as it was extremely thin material and broke literally snapping the lower frame in half ( I have 2 USP's that went that way) again I see nothing significant in upgrade to this area but again after several mags the frame is fine.

I do Know (as 8 ace pointed it out) that the old USP trigger never came back fully to the trigger frame and if squeezed too hard would snap, filing a bit on the trigger would cure this problem, Pic below.
Anyway all in all with all the upgrades of this model its a great gun to fire, highly recommended in fact all the new Tanaka models are good firing and a lot stronger than they used to be.

Tanaka P8 Tanaka14

https://youtu.be/jWRHs9oioRc

Tanaka P8 Tanaka13

https://youtu.be/jWRHs9oioRc
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Tanaka P8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka P8   Tanaka P8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Works well cheers
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Tanaka P8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka P8   Tanaka P8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 4:38 am

Nice!
Thanks for sharing yet another video!!!!!
Tanaka P8 3632253013
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Tanaka P8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka P8   Tanaka P8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 am

Thank you for this great post!

I love the P8 and your video made me want to get that as a modelgun.

The P 8 is a modified USP that was adopted in Germany by the Bundeswehr (German armed forces) in 1994. "P" stands for "Pistole".

Until 1994 German armed forces still used the Walther P38, called P1. The P8 has only minor differences from the standard USP model, these being translucent magazines, a reversed safety/decocker lever (on the P8, down indicates 'safe', and up indicates 'fire' — this is the opposite of the standard USP), and the 'S' and 'F' letters being printed onto the frame instead of onto the lever itself. The P8 has a traditional lands-and-grooves barrel instead of a polygonal barrel of the USP.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tanaka P8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka P8   Tanaka P8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 11:44 am

Thanks for the explanation on the difference, i had no idea it had been around for as long, i thought it was a new model!
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Tanaka P8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka P8   Tanaka P8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 5:17 pm

Cool model and thanks MadMike for the really cool background info on the real pistol!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tanaka P8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka P8   Tanaka P8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka P8
Page 1 of 1