MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ne tanaka 226

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 5:06 pm

New Tanaka 226 announced for Jan 2020, looks like they have improved the barrel and recoil system again. Nice looking model.

http://www.tanaka-works.com/?p=2765
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Do the carts work OK?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 10:31 am

The carts work really well 8ace, not sure if i prefer the first evo rounds or the new evo2 rounds, as i cannot really discern the differnece when firing them. not sure what the O ring seal on the tube of the evo 2 rounds actually does, but as i say they fire well dont put the same stress on the gun as the old rounds did and dont blow off the O rings.
This model looks really good may hae to pick one up.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 3:10 pm

The biggest thing I didn't like about the Tanaka rounds was the fiddly o-ring. The Evo rounds made this issue much, much better. Tons better.

I think the Evo2 rounds are anodized aluminum instead of brass? Is that right Claymore?

Anyway, if you haven't tried the C-Tec 9mm mild kick anodized aluminum rounds, I'd recommend giving them a try. I've used them in my Tanaka 9mm models and MGC 9mm models and I really like them. They are 7mm cap carts so no issues with fiddly 5mm o-rings, plus since they are the anodized aluminum, they clean up much easier than their brass brothers. Compared to the Tanaka Evo2 rounds, there are less parts to mess with. Side benefits include that they are supposed to be easier on the guns (I do think they are) and that they eject really well due to the lighter aluminum construction.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 9:23 pm

claymore wrote:
New Tanaka 226 announced for Jan 2020, looks like they have improved the barrel and recoil system again. Nice looking model.

http://www.tanaka-works.com/?p=2765

brilliant exellent news

I have the recent released P8 with the evo2 cartridges - they work just fine :Smilie  68: :Smilie  68: :Smilie  68:
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 5:50 pm

Really wish you could get these in metal instead of plastic .
The abs slide is subjected to massive stresses and is only a matter of time before it cracks .
Has anyone ever fitted a metal airsoft slide ?
I wonder how practical it is to do this ? No guarantees it will fit I suppose designed as it is to fit airsoft internals not modelgun .
Its such an iconic piece and lovely with the Navy markings
Carl
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 6:28 pm

The recent releases from Tanaka are really beauties.
In my expirience the old Hudson models are directly fragile and risky to fire.

Despite good experiences on modern/new releases I have been tempted to buy a metal airsoft slide but never tried it

Is there someone in the forum with experience??
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 7:41 pm

The new Tanaka's are really well built, the material they now use and improvents to barrels and recoil systems and of course the new evo rounds mean the gun no longer gets punished like they used to.
The worst model was the USP barrels constantly broke as did the lower frame around the trigger and of course the trigger used to snap, they have now addresed that though the lower frame still looks a bit thin.
All other models seem much stronger and i dont think there will be any problems with slides breaking.

Tanaka also seem to make small improvements every time they re-run a model, if they last like Tanio Koba models do (which they should) all will be good.

Airsoft slides have been used mostly in Japan with success but i think adjustments would need to be made. As the plastic slides (as well as the rest of the gun) are made well now i dont think the cost and pain of a metal slide is really worth it, plus metal slide rubbing on plastic lower may cause wear problems.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ne tanaka 226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ne tanaka 226   ne tanaka 226 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ne tanaka 226
Page 1 of 1