MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Empty
PostSubject: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Joe S

I may be able to obtain an early all metal marushin MP-40. Is it possible to convert one to fire the plug fire blank ammo? What is involved? I had several of these in the late 60's and may be able to get one back. Thanks! Joe S
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Claymore

Mark will be able to confirm if you can or cannot fire PFC's through it if you can give him some info on the model.
However if it was meant to fire PFC's from the beginning but does not now all it should take is a new bolt and the breach part that inserts into the barrel, this holds the detonator pin for the rounds, it could be that easy.

Francky i have no doubt would be able to get you the bits you need and if you cannot get the metal bolt the marushin ABS one will fit so will the breach/ detonator insert.

If on the other hand it is just a non firing replica, then i dont know but i am sure Mark will.

Are you buying this and how much will it cost cos if you are getting it at a good price then fine if not might as well get one that already fires.

The parts you may need should not cost too much though.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Mark

Actually, i don't think that the Marushin MP40's where ever exported as i have never seen an all zinc Marushin MP40 in the U.S. before. So, the good majority of Marushin all zinc MP40's are Japanese market MP's that simply means that they where imported recently and they didn't go through the typical import problems that the earlier modelguns like the MGC MP40,Sterling etc had to go through to enter the U.S. So, the vast majority of the Marushin all zinc MP40's still have the un-cut bolts' the paper cap detonators etc..The parts that you need should not be a problem.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Joe S

Its been a long time since I had one, but as I recall, the MP-40s that were originally marketed by Collector's Armory were all metal except for the parts that were supposed to be plastic. At this point, the idea of a gun with a plastic receiver does not appeal to me. Due to the difficulty in finding the old metal models, I might have to buy a new one with a plastic receiver and add a metal reciever and other parts as needed, or keep looking for an older one and make whatever modifications it might need to fire the plugfire cartridges. From reading other posts on this website it apprears that people have been sucessfull in upgrading the plastic models, so I assume the retrofit can be done with an older all metal version. Does anyone have experience in this endeavor or plans? I also assume that as long as projectiles cannot be fired and we are only talking about blanks, all of this is entirely legal. If not, please let me know. Joe S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Mark

Hi Joe S,

The plastic Marushin MP40 has the same dimensions as the real MP40 and if you make a new metal receiver for it you possibly might run into trouble with the law as you might be accused of manufacturing a machinegun..The earlier Marushin MP40's had cast zinc receivers that has entirely diferent dimensions and no real MP40 parts would interchange. The current Marushin made plastic MP40 can accept real MP40 components so, that is the main reason that they are made out of plastic.

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Mark

Oh,

Yes, the collectors armory did indeed offer all metal MP40's. These where the so called MGC "68" MP40's. These where produced until 1977 until the new production of the MGC MP40 was prohibited by Japanese law. These MGC "68" MP40's are rare today and they are very expensive..

Last edited by mark on Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Joe S

Thanks for the heads up Mark! I would like a plug fire MP-40 but after having the early metal ones I dont know if I would be satisfied with the newer ones or not. Since I have never fired one, I dont know if the fun of firing it would make up for the fact that the reciever is plastic. This would be the only model gun I own, I do LOTS of shooting with real guns, M-1, 03a3, SKS , Mauser 98, Mosin Nagant, etc, and the idea of plastic doesnt appeal to me. How durable are they? What do you know about the new all metal(supposedly) airsoft mp-40? I sure appreciate the advice of everyone here! Joe S
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Mark

The plastic MP40's do hold up excellently and they are far more detailed than the MGC MP40's..I shoot my real guns as much as i can but, during the winter months i restrict my shooting to only the best weather conditions.However, i can "shoot" my modelguns at any time..As for the new airsoft all metal MP40, i really don't pay much attention to the airsoft guns as my focus is mostly on modelguns. But, the all metal MP40 airsoft replica caught my attention as all MP40's interest me. The receivers on these are stamped steel and they are very well detailed..But, i don't think that they have any interchangeable parts etc. Really, the ABS plastic modelguns like the Marushin MP40 contain many cast zinc and stamped steel parts and they have some weight to them..When you load up the cartridges and let er rip it's a whole new experiance!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?   All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All metal Marushin MP40... Conversion to PFC?
Page 1 of 1