MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revolver compilation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Revolver compilation Empty
PostSubject: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Revolver time, the MGC Python was one of the first models i bought so has to be 20yrs since i bought it and the 2 kokusai models were not far behind. Believe it or not this is the first time i have fired them, dont know why just the way it worked out.
The MGC Python is an ABS model and uses old rounds, just brass and the cap goes in the end of the round the fake primer bar is hit by the hammer and gets pushed on to the pin in the cylinder which then goes bang. The python is one of those models that does not set the cap off in double action so single action only.
The 2 Kokusai's are metal the 6 inch one is one of my favourite's as a replica as i used to own the real thing many moons ago. the 6 inch rounds work the same as the python, the snubby has newer larger rounds where the cap goes inside the round as per the pic. Both guns work well on both single and double action which is good.
its really a shame kokusai went out of business as they made some good metal revolvers.

https://youtu.be/n69DRFPAbVE

Revolver compilation Mgc_co10

Revolver compilation Kokasa10

Revolver compilation Kokusa10

https://youtu.be/n69DRFPAbVE
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am

Thanks for these Claymore  Very Happy

A great video again!

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 7:46 pm

Looking good! Always love me some revolver action!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 pm

‘You've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?’ Revolver compilation 3173599695
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)

PostSubject: Re: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 6:47 am

8ace wrote:
‘You've got to ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?’ Revolver compilation 3173599695

Very Happy You made my day, 8ace!

Claymore, thank you for the excellent video. I never was a big fan of Revolvers but getting older it seems that this is changing a bit.

It is a shame that Kokusai is out of business.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 10:07 am

Madmike, revolvers hold a special place for me as a revolver was the first real gun i owned, plus revolvers were still king when i first started shooting.
trouble with modelguns is the semi auto is more fun to fire than the revolvers (airsoft is the same) Revolver compilation 3632253013 but they are still great replicas and go bang.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)

PostSubject: Re: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 11:47 am

I suppose modelgun revolvers are more reliable as the tiny load in the cap does not have to operate the blowback auto mechanism?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 6:24 pm

You would think they were more reliable, but even the revolvers have problems with caps depending on the rounds being used. Over the years several different types of rounds have been used, from just putting the cap on the end of the round to having it internal. Also some revolvers just dont like double action and only fire the cap in single action.
The big positive though is they are unlikely to break, not impossible but rare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revolver compilation   Revolver compilation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revolver compilation
Page 1 of 1