MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silencer for Modelguns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Silencer for Modelguns Empty
PostSubject: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Dartec

Hi, as any one added a silencer to their model guns?

I have a S-Knights Surpressor Mode-2 with 14m to 14mm adaptor fitted to my XM177. Removed the front part after the sight. I think it looks cool and 'stubby' does appear to silence but thenI thin the barrel is blocked ... doh!

But looks cool to me, though.

Would like to attach to my other guns anybody done so?

Ray
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Claymore

Yep to my KSC 93R, silencer fixes by way of a screw tightened to the barrel. Looks great but does not work the blast out of the open barrel blows the silencer off. Tried it a couple of times, same thing happens and it leaves a horrible mark on the barrel
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by Mark

I think that a simulated suppressor (silencer) is a natural addition to a modelgun as the modelgun(s) are typically quiet anyway. The trouble with most suppressor mounts is that they add weight to the front of the ABS or HW barrel and when the gun is fired the added weight adds to the stresses that the barrel has to endure. Sometimes, all the added stress does, is blow the suppressor off of the barrel and in the worst case, break the barrel...

I would personally restrict using a "silencer" or "suppressor" to the all metal models. If i ever get my Hudson Sten (MK2) i am going to try to make a fake silenced version out of it with the laced canvas suppressor cover that the original had.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by Dartec

Oh yes forgot my 93r with silencer, stock and scope mount. Not assembled as yet and looking at the silencer thought it would be for 'show' more than silence. Also it is the same one that fits the airsoft ksc 93r.

As Marks says the model guns are quiet and a silencer only need s to fit well and look the part I suppose as per my XM177 does.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by Doc

A couple of models were originally available with silencers,

Namely the Luger ( I think) Colt 1911 and Browning 1910

incidentally I have a funny ABS adapter for my MGC M76 and once fitted will allow the Mac 11 supressor to fit the 76.

As far as I can tell the adapter is a genuine part as it has a steel pin slotted in sideways to hold the M76 igniter pin in place.

It also means you can fire the M76 with just the adapter and no barrel which is a bit spark city !

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by Claymore

Hey Doc, you dont really want that adapter do you? (you are feeling sleepy) and i repeat you dont !!!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Doc

I feel sleepy................. no its a keeper I`m afraid

if I`ve sussed what I`m doing there may be images here :

http://freespace.virgin.net/kev.rachy/Modelgun%20parts/index.html

(images are a bit poor as its a bit dark here for good photos I`ll do some more tomorrow )

Also two images of the MGC MP40 Wrench and other as yet unidentified tool.

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
wfalenta
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
wfalenta

Number of posts : 53
Location / Country : Preston, Lancashire, UK
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: silencer   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi all
Im new to the forum and to the whole modelgun world. I have an M4 I bought privately a little while ago and so far Ive added bits and bobs to it (RAS, VFG, aimpoint, ACOG, flip up fore sight and rear sight) but I really want a silencer for it.
I read a few posts about silencers and they have pos and neg threads, but i dont really follow...I looked at my barrel and i dont seem to see a thread....

I was hoping a QD silencer would fit nicely over my flash hider but looking on the web (mainly airsoft fake silencers) the ones which are QD usually come with a different flash hider.
This has really confused me, so if anyone cant clear it up for me it would be really great!
Cheers guys.

PS
Its great to finally find a forum about modelguns, rather than all the airsoft ones!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:40 am

Hello wafalenta and welcome to the forums!

I've no doubt one, or more, of the guys here will have found suitable silencers and adapters for the M4 models so an answer shouldn't be long in coming Wink

I'll try a search through the previous posts as I'm certain this subject's been discussed before... I'll see if I can find it for you

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 am

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Hello mate!
Great to have you here on board. Well, despite the fact that I have a few Marushin and MGC AR-15s, I am not aware of a flash hider/supressor that would fit your MGC M4A1 out of the box. The MGC has no thread at all, like you already noticed. Most Airsoft models as well as the Marushin AR-15 series have a 14 mm thread (positive or negative).
I will do a little research. I am sure that a supressor can be added without major modifications. Modelguns-worldwide have done that on a lot of M4 models before. Anyway i do not think that they will help you unless you have bought the model there. It is just their business policy ...
A friend has milled a fake supressor with his lathe out of aluminum. Looks quite good and was no big thing if you have some skill and the proper hardware.
Back to top Go down
wfalenta
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
wfalenta

PostSubject: Silencer   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:54 am

hi madmike
Cheers fo your reply to my post.
That's something I don't understand; if modelgunsworldwide can sell an m4 with a silencer, why can't I just buy one and just stick it on without making any modifications? Surely a QD silencer could fit on a standard m4 straight out of the box, over the existing flashhider, no???
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 236
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 6:47 pm

One of the modelguns I bought used off ebay had been modified with some Anime replica build-on kit... included a silencer, and I have gotten good use out of the adapter for that. Uses tiny hex set-screws to attach to the outside of the barrel, and the threading lets me use silencer replicas. I've used that on both blank firing and modelguns.

Here's the original setup. Pretty wacky...
Silencer for Modelguns Kamui
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
Bow
Bow

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire, UK
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi wfalenta,

I have a few MGC M4's and the QD silencers that i've fitted to mine are for airsoft.
http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1525
They need a little work to open up the flash hider hole so that the MGC flash hider will
nice. I didn't use the flash hider supplied as it was threaded.

Hope this helped a little...
Back to top Go down
wfalenta
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
wfalenta

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 3:21 am

hi bow,
Thanks for the reply
I've recently found a QS silencer on a private sales forum so I should soon see how well it fits on my m4. I'm curious about your m4's... Do you have any pictures? Are you holding on to them or are you thinking of selling...??
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bow
Bow

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:04 am

Hi wfalenta
I haven't got any pics of them yet... i'll get some posted soon....!
sorry but at this time my M4's aren't up for sale.
Regards
Bow.
Back to top Go down
wfalenta
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
wfalenta

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:21 am

That's a shame, if you think about selling inthe future, let me know I'll be very interested.
How many do you have? What are the differences between them? (any modifications etc)
Back to top Go down
Bow
Bow

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi Wfalenta,
Heres a few pictures of my M4's and custom works.
M4 Converted to SR25, i still need to make a longer firing bolt.
[img]Silencer for Modelguns SR25[/img]

M4A1 M203
[img]Silencer for Modelguns M4A1M203[/img]

M4A1 Commando
[img]Silencer for Modelguns M4A1Commando[/img]

M4 Converted to SR 16
[img]Silencer for Modelguns SR16[/img]

M4 SPR Custom still working on the stock.
[img]Silencer for Modelguns M4SPRCustom[/img]

M4 CQB Custom
[img]Silencer for Modelguns M4CQBCustom[/img]

[img]Silencer for Modelguns Collection[/img]

I have another SR 25K that i've made but it is in pieces at the mo......!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi Bow,

That's a stunning collection of customised M4s you've got there, I'll copy your photos over to the MGC M4 category as they're well worth sharing!
I'm certain there'd be lots of interest in reading how you achieved to build each version, maybe you could write something up for us if ever you have time please?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Bow
Bow

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks Cerwyn,
I try and get some better pics posted with more info.
Back to top Go down
wfalenta
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
wfalenta

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Woah!
Bow that is an awesome collection! How long have you been collecting them? I've got plenty of questions to ask don't know where to start!
One thing that interests me is your LE stock on the SR 16; how did you manage to get one to fit, and what sort is it? Airsoft or real?
Back to top Go down
Bow
Bow

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Hi Wfalenta,

The stock i used on the SR 16 is only a cheap airsoft make. it looks the part and does the job.
the only mod i had to do was open the hole diameter from 27mm to just over 29mm.
I used a 28mm spade drill then i ran a 29mm ream thro to give it a nice snug fit...
Back to top Go down
wfalenta
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
wfalenta

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Do you ever fire your M4s or are they more of a show piece for the wall? I hardly ever fire mine so i'm trying to get some dummy rounds to load my magazines with instead of the open tip cartidges. From the photos your M4s look in excellent condition- have you had to respray any of them at any point during/after modifying or adding the extras onto them?
My barrel is scratched up pretty bad because of my flip up fore-sight...It was a bit tight putting it on and taking it off, but I like the 'used' look where some of the paint has gone. It makes it look more realistic.

If i could afford it, I'd buy a deactivated M4 but they're pretty expensive, plus its nice to have the option of being able to cycle a round through the rifle if and when you want to on a modelgun.
Back to top Go down
Bow
Bow

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:16 am

Hi Wfalenta,
I fire them some times... apart from the SR 25( still working on the bolt ) but i find cleaning the cartridges
a real pain, then i've got to reload them..... but then it is fun to fire them again....!
At the moment must of my time ( when i get it ) is spent working on the SR 25K.
If you need help with a LE stock let me know and i'll see what i can do.
Back to top Go down
wfalenta
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
wfalenta

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:51 am

cheers thats great of you
I may have found a LE stock and a crane stock (both airsoft) for sale on an airsoft forum. The guy selling them measured the hole diameter and came up with about 30mm (pictures he posted show that its about 28-29mm)
I measured my current stock diameter and it looks like its about 32mm so there may be a bit of modification needed....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silencer for Modelguns   Silencer for Modelguns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silencer for Modelguns
Page 1 of 1