MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sig Sauer P226

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Catweazle

Number of posts : 35
Location / Country : England
Registration date : 2019-12-05

Sig Sauer P226 Empty
PostSubject: Sig Sauer P226   Sig Sauer P226 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 7:40 pm

Has anyone had any experience with the Tanaka Works Sig Sauer P226 KK25?

I'm considering getting one and wondered if I could get a review.
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Sig Sauer P226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig Sauer P226   Sig Sauer P226 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 8:49 pm

A short and fast.
Claymore have postes a video of it firing.

It looks good really good.
Its not super heavy but has a good feel
Tanaka have suffered weak barrels. This is yet a new design and the new EVO2 cartridges.
I have fired around 40 shots with mine and so far it looks in good shape.

PS there is an older review of the Tanaka P226ST that is for the most relevant for the new release.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Sig Sauer P226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig Sauer P226   Sig Sauer P226 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2020 10:43 am

I have 2 of the Tanaka 226's one eveo model which i just did a vid on and just bought the new 226 MK25. I hav not fired the new Mk25 but hope to do so in the next week, the older evo model is excellent, tanaka made a lot of improvements to the gun and the rounds and the problems they used to have with parts breaking seem to of disapeared.
as for the new MK25 they have made even more improvements to the recoil system and barrel and i assume this will make it even stronger, its a real nice looking model and as soon as i fire it i will put a vid up, i excpect it to perform well, though with caps and pistons and seals you will always get a jam somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Catweazle

Sig Sauer P226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig Sauer P226   Sig Sauer P226 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2020 7:55 pm

claymore wrote:
I have 2 of the Tanaka 226's one eveo model which i just did a vid on and just bought the new 226 MK25. I hav not fired the new Mk25 but hope to do so in the next week, the older evo model is excellent, tanaka made a lot of improvements to the gun and the rounds and the problems they used to have with parts breaking seem to of disapeared.
as for the new MK25 they have made even more improvements to the recoil system and barrel and i assume this will make it even stronger, its a real nice looking model and as soon as i fire it i will put a vid up, i excpect it to perform well, though with caps and pistons and seals you will always get a jam somewhere.

With regards to the new MK25, the comments on MG-Props say that it uses 5mm caps. But there is a conversion kit that makes it fire 7mm caps, and the one shot disposable carts too. I would be interested in your opinion on this. And I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the MK25 after you have test fired it. I don't know whether to buy it as it is in 5mm, or to have it converted.

I'm new to PFC guns, your comment that you will always get jams somewhere, makes me feel better. I though I was either unlucky with my guns, or I was doing something wrong, because I get jams! Thanks for the heads-up.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Sig Sauer P226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig Sauer P226   Sig Sauer P226 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 5:32 pm

To be honest unless you cannot get 5mm caps and only get 7mm then your decision is made, but if you can get 5mm then stick to the tanaka rounds. original tanka rounds were very powerful and combined with the weakness of Tanaka models they were a bad combination, plus they used to destroy the 5mm seals, that is why many tried the 7mm conversion.
Now with the new evo rounds from Tanaka and huge improvements to the quality of the models you no longer have any of those problems and rounds and gun perform very well.

if you convert to 7mm you need to get a new det pin which will be from c-tec, if you see mulberry field conversions forget it as mulberry field no nonger exist, you will also need new rounds again from c-tec (9mm ones) as Tanaka rounds wont work. The new evo and evo 2 rounds work very well and as Tanaka are at this moment still making modelguns rounds are easy to come by so you can stock up. i personally would stick to the 5mm tanaka rounds, unless as i say you can only get the 7mm then you dont have much choice.

i hope to fire the Mk25 soon and as i said will upload a vid, i expect it to perfom well. a note on modelgun performance, they are finicky, dirty rounds, broken seals, a dirty det pin (which can happen after one mag) will all affect performance, it does not take much to cause a jam, you can get bad caps as well go puff rather than bang so no blowback. silicone oil or spray is used on the slide and lower from just as you would oil the real thing, silicone greas or spray can be used on the seals to make them move easily, but of course this then cuaes the det pin and rounds to get greasy and sticky and that can cause jams, also the caps the creat a spark fire dirty to rounds and get pin get dirty and sticky fast, so need to be cleaned well. if you get 3 mags off with no jams you are doing well.
Back to top Go down
Catweazle

Sig Sauer P226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig Sauer P226   Sig Sauer P226 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 6:48 pm

claymore wrote:
To be honest unless you cannot get 5mm caps and only get 7mm then your decision is made, but if you can get 5mm then stick to the tanaka rounds. original tanka rounds were very powerful and combined with the weakness of Tanaka models they were a bad combination, plus they used to destroy the 5mm seals, that is why many tried the 7mm conversion.
Now with the new evo rounds from Tanaka and huge improvements to the quality of the models you no longer have any of those problems and rounds and gun perform very well.

if you convert to 7mm you need to get a new det pin which will be from c-tec, if you see mulberry field conversions forget it as mulberry field no nonger exist, you will also need new rounds again from c-tec (9mm ones) as Tanaka rounds wont work. The new evo and evo 2 rounds work very well and as Tanaka are at this moment still making modelguns rounds are easy to come by so you can stock up. i personally would stick to the 5mm tanaka rounds, unless as i say you can only get the 7mm then you dont have much choice.

i hope to fire the  Mk25 soon and as i said will upload a vid, i expect it to perfom well. a note on modelgun performance, they are finicky, dirty rounds, broken seals, a dirty det pin (which can happen after one mag) will all affect performance, it does not take much to cause a jam, you can get bad caps as well go puff rather than bang so no blowback. silicone oil or spray is used on the slide and lower from just as you would oil the real thing, silicone greas or spray can be used on the seals to make them move easily, but of course this then cuaes the det pin and rounds to get greasy and sticky and that can cause jams, also the caps the creat a spark fire dirty to rounds and get pin get dirty and sticky fast, so need to be cleaned well. if you get 3 mags off with no jams you are doing well.
Thanks for that comprehensive advise, you've helped me make the decision to stick to 5mm caps. That will also save me money too, now I don't have to purchase the conversion kit. I've got four blowback guns at the moment and five revolvers. I'm fast coming to the conclusion that the revolvers are the way to go. For me at least!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sig Sauer P226 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig Sauer P226   Sig Sauer P226 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sig Sauer P226
Page 1 of 1