MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick M16 Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:01 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

Are the carts for the M725 (M16A2 Carbine) 5.56mm interchangable with the Marushin 5.56mm carts?

(someone asked me about it on another forum)

He wanted to know if the carts from this would fit the marushin M16 (i think they will but wanted to ask you guys first)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 pm

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

Oh are there any other modelgun forum? URL please...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:02 pm

nope there arent any that i know of, i just posted my M16A2 for sale at http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/ as some of them are interested in PFC there.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

I see I see understood. I think they should fit each other as they have the similar structure. The front part is blocked just like the MGC one.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:03 pm

should do, sounds like he just wants to use the cartridges out of his other M16 with this one, so they'll prolly have the same dimensions.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:03 pm

*** Originally posted by doc ***

MGC .223 carts and Marushin .223 carts are NOT interchangeable but the MGC .223 cartridges are the same for all Old /New MGC ABS M16, 725, M4A1 etc .
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:04 pm

Well, we're on about 5.56 not .223. Unless they are the same? i didnt think they were lol.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:04 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

5.56 and 223 are the same and marushin rounds are not interchangeable with mgc, however i think with some alterations to the gun it is possible, i think Jay at modelguns does it to some of his if requested but what changes have to be done and how hard they are to do i do not know. So i think fo most of us the answer is no you cant, the rounds are different.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Well i didnt know that. Thanks for the answer claymore.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:06 pm

*** Originally posted by doc ***

For Marushin conversion to MGC rounds you will have to alter the Marushin detonator for a start, (grind the tip off ) this will also mean you will no longer be able to use Marushin rounds in your Marushin rifle (unless you buy a spare detonator)
Secondly the MGC cartridges have quite a lot of power behind them and the MGC ejector is a plate that runs alongside the bolt carrier, this system is quite "gentle" on the back of the MGC cartridges when they come flying back
If you fire an MGC cartridge in a Marushin rifle the Marushin ejector (which protrudes quite a bit) will hit the back of the MGC carts quite hard and after a few shots will deform the extractor rim of the cartridge (making them a bit scrap)
With some trial and error you can grind away/weld and alter the Marushin ejector (its a plate bolted to the upper receiver)
The Marushin cartridges seem to be able to withstand hitting this ejector although after a lot of shots you will notice they start to show wear.
I think the MGC ejector is a better design for modelguns, its a shame the MGC bolt isnt as tough as the Marushin alloy one.

I dare say Jay at modelgunsuk calls this "special tuning"
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:06 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

Maybe Claymore could explain the difference between .223 and 5.56mm. I know that it has to do with the metric system. .223 is point 223 of an inch if I am right, whereas 5.56mm is quite self explanitary in millimeters, just as .22 is 6mm etc. Anymore than that I cannot explain as even when I shot I never really unstood it properly, as the main thing I needed to know was if it was 9mm then I used 9mm and so on.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty

*** Originally posted by mark ***

The Marushin and the MGC cartridges are physically the same size so they will fit in the magazine etc. Now, i have used the Marushin cartridges in my older MGC M725 and they suprisingly worked this gun might be a freak or something but, the cartridges did work in it with out mods..However, i still perefer to use the MGC cartridges in MGC's and Marushin cartridges in Marushins...The proper designation for the AR15/M16 cartridge is 5.56x45 caliber 5.56 (.223) x 45mm cartridge length
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 pm

didnt end up selling it to that guy anyway, so doesnt matter anymore hehe. useful information to know though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quick M16 Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick M16 Question   Quick M16 Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quick M16 Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: