MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanio Koba 1911 tactical

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Empty
PostSubject: Tanio Koba 1911 tactical   Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Tanio Koba's GM7 this is the tactical version he has made several versions of the good old 1911. what can you say about these models, well they are excellent, they fire straight out of the box they dont break and just keep on going. They are expensive but to me worth every penny, this model is one of the first he brought out with the open round system using a rubber seal on the det pin.
Its a good system and the rounds which are supposed to be disposable but i clean them and reuse them with no problem. The rubber seal on the det pin can last for a while and then sometimes just splits real quick but as new seals are so cheap as are the rounds is not really a problem.

Tanio as always then came out with a metal open round which works very well and then made a number of diffent rounds for this model all needing different det pins and some a new inner chasiss for the lower frame. The open round system works so well i never worried the CP type of rounds he brought out. He also brought out a longer lasting seal and det pin for this model which i have but not tried as yet.

All in all tanio models are jusy brilliant expensive but brilliant

Finally got the vid link with picture sorted (how easy was it!!) also straight link to it on youtube

Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Img_2023

Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Img_2024

Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Img_2025

https://youtu.be/BtohFdPKgqE

eulogio likes this post

Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba 1911 tactical   Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 2:05 am

Another great video!

I have this exact same model in my collection and I love it!!!! These Tanio Koba models are workhorses to be sure! Probably some of the most reliable firing models ever made, if not THE most reliable!!!!

I have fallen victim to the sirens of Tanio Koba - with all of the different cartridge options, detonators, etc. Currently I have multiple options:
1. Open cartridge - excellent performance, super easy to clean (only 2 parts!). Available in anodized aluminum or some type of nylon/plastic. Only downside is the rubber piece on the detonator that will wear out. I think somewhere between 50-75 shots, but I might be remembering incorrectly. Also, my experience was that the ejection performance degrades as the rubber piece starts to get dirty, just prior to failure
2. Easy CP cartridge - excellent performance, super easy to clean (3 parts). No inner piston as a disposable plastic piece is used instead of a piston. Downside is you have to get disposable plastic "pistons". They are cheap, but another item to have to buy.
3. CP - I am using C-Tec mild kick cartridges and they are awesome so far in this setup. Anodized aluminum so they are easy to clean up, too!
4. BWC double cap cartridges - when used with the BWC deto, these are really cool in that you can use just one 7mm cap and they will work fine or you can use a 5mm and 7mm cap to get nice muzzle flash effects. Anodized construction and stainless inner piston make for easy cleanup, too!
5. Zeke - well this is more of a combination of pieces - using the TK Easy CP body with a Zeke inner piston (and Zeke Deto of course). Much more time consuming to prepare the cartridges as you have to insert a 5mm in the piston and a 7mm in the body of the cartridge. Also much more of a pain to clean up the cartridge assembly. But I think the effects are the best!

As you can see, I love the versatility of the Tanio Koba 1911 and it just goes and goes and goes. I've broken an extractor or two, maybe one barrel, and they've shown some wear on the ejectors at times, but I FIRE my models and push them! I am never worried about breaking things in the Tanio Koba, unlike the uneasy feeling I've gotten with some models that they may fall apart upon any real firing use.

Please keep the videos coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba 1911 tactical   Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 10:46 am

Ljerr2, did you have to get a new chassis to fire the cp rounds? i thought you had to strengthen the lower frame. I did buy easy CP rounds for he M84 and 59 but never even tried them to be honest, he was coming out with a different round every month it seemed, 45 for the thompson, p220 etc and then stopped so only got a packet or 2, so gave up buying every new round he brought out.
i dont have any spares for this model but it sounds like it might be a good idea if of course spares are available, i suppose even Tanio parts will break sometime, cant expect plastic to last forever.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba 1911 tactical   Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 12:55 pm

I do not think that it is critical to upgrade the chassis. The upgrade chassis by BWC has a steel ejector but that is the only difference as far as I know.
I think BWC came out with this steel ejector because it was marketing a much heavier brass open round. So I guess if you plan to use the brass rounds it would be more important.

The original ejector holds up great with the normal cartidges. With the aluminum cartridges the face of it might mushroom a little after a lot of use. I noticed it because I could feel the drag on the slide. It's a simple fix if that happens, as you can slightly file the mushroomed area back to the thin profile. This would probably work for a long time.

That being said, I have some of the BWC chassis installed in a few of my TK's, more or less as a precaution since I use the double cap cartridges frequently.

The other breakages that I can recall mainly happened when I was pushing it - for example with multiple cap loads or experimenting with different ideas.

But I am also a spares hoarder. I wouldn't be surprised if I have more money invested in spares than I do in the actual models in my collection! If you ever break an extractor on your TK 1911, I will have your back Claymore!
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba 1911 tactical   Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Very Happy Cheers for that Ljerr2. i also hord parts and rounds and caps when we could get direct from Japan, i must have spares for models i dont even have but thought i might get in the future, really need to go through them sometime. Never saw any spares come up for tanio would have picked some up if i had.
Good to know on the chassis, i think that is another reason i stuck to the open rounds, the thought of having to strengthen the gun worried me a bit.
Tanio came out with a double seal fro the brass open rounds i believe, i dont think they needed the washer or circlip on either. The long lasting one i have just picked up does not need the washer or circlip either, its supposed to last at least 200 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanio Koba 1911 tactical   Tanio Koba 1911 tactical Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanio Koba 1911 tactical
Page 1 of 1