MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ? Empty
PostSubject: Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ?   Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Long shot guys lol .

( Its very quiet on here these days is,nt it ? )

I got one of the above used and its seen better days in silver . Lower frame is fine .

I might attempt cleaning up the slide myself ( previous owner has carved a number into it ) ( Why ? affraid ) seriously ?.....

Or I may get it cerakoted as I have done with some Retay Sigs in a chrome or stainless finish .

The barrel also has been painted in some horrible gloss black .

My problem is searching on here I have been unable to locate I strip for this model . Youtube is my friend of course but again there is only real steel disassembly which looks like it should work however my Glock seems to be cocked and locked in position and the gun has to be uncocked to fieldstrip . I will not drop the hammer on the trigger which is another reason I need to strip it .

Any tips or ideas chaps .

Carl

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ?   Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2020 7:05 pm

The forum does goes through these quite periods, i have had the time to fire my models but that time is being spent on another project at the moment.
I have one of these and i cannot for the life of me remember how i stripped it, I will in the next few days have a look and see if i can remember and let you know,
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ?   Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 9:55 am

Thanks for response .

Guess what ? It strips exactly the same as real steel .

So you ease the slide back a little bit , pull down the 2 tabs , let it slide forward and off the frame !

Bingo !!

My gun was cocked but I managed to drop the hammer hence the above !! It is locked up solid otherwise .

I will post some pics when I get the slide / barrel back from FMJ UK !!

Getting the slide and barrel cerakoted in a chrome finish to match the lower frame .

Modelguns have always been a niche item and many have no clue what they are : even collectors of rifs often are unsure what they are and get details wrong , we have very few places to purchase and they seldom come up for sale secondhand .
Our two UK dealers are good guys and I often buy from both John and Jay . Interestingly I see Jay to this day has new items on his site I have never seen before :
North American Arms Derringer https://www.mg-props.co.uk/naa_derringer.htm
Plus John only recently sold me a very rare Taurus modelgun I have never seen before or seen referenced before .
Hope these guys stay in business and keep our hobby alive !!!

Carl

claymore, Browning and oozlum like this post

Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 149
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ?   Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2020 2:10 pm

I couldn’t agree more!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ?   Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Was Shan / YT corps Glock 27 problem ?
Page 1 of 1