MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC Empty
PostSubject: Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC   Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Gecko

Hello model gun enthusiasts,

maybe this news is something, which is interesting for all of you.
I completed my last project – the conversion of a deactivated PPSH-41 into a PFC firing model gun – successfully.

Background:
The idea was to use parts of the Hudson PPSH-41 to fit into the deactivated gun to have an original gun which is able to fire PFC’s.
The usage of Hudson parts was more or less a good way to get a cartridge firing model gun on a cheap an easy foundation.

If anyone is interested in this project, please send me a message, I can send some pictures which shows the converted PPSH-41.
If someone is interested in getting the conversion blueprints (for a small mite), send me also a short message.

Last edited by Gecko on Tue May 30, 2006 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC   Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Claymore

I am impressed and if i had the machinery to do the job i would be very interested. I have a Hudson ppsh and still cannot get it to fire consitantly so i am also very impressed that with a conversion you have.
Have you had any problems with the hudson bolt breaking, i have had 2 bolts so far and the right hand feed prong has broke both times which causes feed problems.
Congratulations mate on your succes i am very interested in how you did it even though i dont have the facility myself, what about the drum mag are you using the hudson or the original.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC   Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Doc

Always good to see original weapons sort of functioning again.
Bear in mind this kind of work would be illegal in the UK as deactivated guns must not be tampered with in this way.

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC   Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Gecko

In Germany there is an older series of deactivated guns on the market, which could fully disambled (Within the newer series you have diveres parts which are welded together).
If you use the prime serie of deactivaded guns you are not doing any violation of the law, because you are only putting away the orginal barrel (these have six holes and a welded chamber) and the original bolt (the bolt is cut under 45 degrees at the bolt head) and substitute theses them with model gun parts.

With these changes the gun will loose its charcteristic to be a gun - thats the clue to do this conversion....
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC   Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 10:39 am

Post by LDR

Nice sounds cool. Perhaps you could now try an MP5! Maybe from an airsoft...ooh i'd love a model MP5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC   Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conversion of De-Activated PPSh41 to PFC
Page 1 of 1