MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gebhi

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2013-02-18

Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson Empty
PostSubject: Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson   Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 6:01 pm

Looking to buy a MGC Thompson 30rd mag
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson   Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 3:07 am

As far as I know, there were never really any MGC Thompson 30 round mags, just modified Hudson mags.

FWIW, the Hudson 30 round Thompson mag had the mag catch hole elongated to line up with the MGC mag catch. However, this still didn't address that the Hudson mag is way too tight of a fit in the MGC receiver. You can lube and force it, but it doesn't feel very good at all. And on top of that the Hudson mags generally seemed to have been made with weaker metal, resulting in the mag lips deforming with much over a 15 round load in my experience.

They still look great though and I have one that the spine of the mag has been slightly modified to fit the MGC receiver better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson   Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 10:09 am

Another option is to buy and slightly modify a real Thompson 30rd mag'. They work really well.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

ljerr2 and Browning like this post

Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Gebhi

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2013-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson   Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 11:12 pm

Thanks this is news to me, have seen 30rd mags on MGC Thompsons but never was informed assuming they were MGC. I prefer the look. Picked up an orig WW2 30rd mag but guessing the mag spine does not fit MGC and really unsure as to reasons why the orig mag isn't able to slide into MGC being either being too wide a spine on the mag or spine depth. Unsure a dremel with guess work will aid a good outcome. Will take a close look.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson   Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for MGC 30rd mag for Thompson
Page 1 of 1