MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leesmth

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2020-03-05

mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Empty
PostSubject: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 pm

I have a never been used mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt, I want to get it converted into steel due to my past bolt were wore down. Do anyone know anyone who can make them for a reasonable price?
Back to top Go down
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 1:47 am

Have you thought about having a 3d model made? If the result is a bolt that doesn't last very long, at least you can print as many as you need.

I can't find an unused thompson bolt.

Leesmth wrote:
I have a never been used mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt, I want to get it converted into steel due to my past bolt were wore down. Do anyone know anyone who can make them for a reasonable price?
Back to top Go down
Leesmth

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2020-03-05

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2022 2:05 am

I managed to purchase 5 brand new mgc Thompson bolts and purchased an all steel one which did cost me 325.00
Back to top Go down
ll329

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2022-10-18

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 1:31 pm

Leesmth wrote:
You can post this on sturmgewehr forum. Couple of guys there would be happy to help

Steelflood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steelflood
Steelflood

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 10:15 pm

Leesmth wrote:
I managed to purchase 5 brand new mgc Thompson bolts and purchased an all steel one which did cost me 325.00

Would you be willing to part with a bolt to see if we can follow the suggestion to seek help at the sturmgewehr forum?
Back to top Go down
Steelflood
Steelflood

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2022 10:17 pm

ll329 wrote:
Leesmth wrote:
You can post this on sturmgewehr forum. Couple of guys there would be happy to help

Thanks for the idea, I am registered at sturmgewehr but it's not on my regular, limited forum rotation.

Jay
Back to top Go down
blast335

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2020-02-19

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 12:34 pm

Steelflood wrote:
Have you thought about having a 3d model made?  If the result is a bolt that doesn't last very long, at least you can print as many as you need.

I can't find an unused thompson bolt.

I second this idea. A 3d printed bolt could also be used to make a mold for a cast aluminum bolt. There are plenty of DIY aluminum melting foundries that can be made fairly inexpensively (especially if you don't need it to survive many uses).
Back to top Go down
cvinisko

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2023-07-09

PostSubject: Updates?   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 2:36 am

Any updates on this project? I would be interested in a steel bolt if someone had a few custom made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt   mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mgc Thompson submachine gun bolt
Page 1 of 1