MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3D printed modelgun and the law

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
C4boos

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : Wales
Registration date : 2021-10-15

3D printed modelgun and the law Empty
PostSubject: 3D printed modelgun and the law   3D printed modelgun and the law Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 3:37 pm

Hello, I am new to the community. (Hello everyone)
I have a YT Corp 9mm pfc beretta that I got from HongKong about 20 years ago, so I have a few 9mm cartridges.
After seeing the FGC 9 (homemade design of a 3d printed REAL gun) I wanted to make a pfc version, because the concept of it fascinates me and another pfc gun for (almost) free would be amazing.
I have designed 3d models for all the parts, including plastic bolt and barrel with a rod for the piston etc etc. I am 100% sure that my design could not be used to fire real ammunition. However, as many of the files will be the same as the real thing, I am slightly paranoid to start the project. I don't want a police raid on my house! Any advice on how to keep on the right side of the law, or is it just not worth it incase the police believe I am building a real gun?

SunHill999 and Steelflood like this post

Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 118
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 3D printed modelgun and the law   3D printed modelgun and the law Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Hi and welcome aboard,

I'm not an expert, but you may wish to study the VCRA https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/38/contents for help.

The "manufacture" of a realistic Imitation Firearm (RIF) can be aqgainst the above Act, unless you have a valid defence, as detailed in the Act. Tread cautiously.

:0)

Andy
Back to top Go down
C4boos

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : Wales
Registration date : 2021-10-15

PostSubject: Re: 3D printed modelgun and the law   3D printed modelgun and the law Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Oh yeah thanks for reminding me of the VCRA. No worry, I can just print it with red colour so as to make it an IF rather than RIF. I'm more concerned that they will consider the fcg or the lower reciever to be firearms parts. I thought about changing their dimensions so it doesn't fit together with the 'standard' parts but the parts can easily just be modified digitally to fit. Also it wouldn't make sense to consider it a readily convertible firearm, as anyone with access to a 3d printer and metalworking tools for the bolt could just build it from scratch without the parts! Although I'm not sure the police would see it that way.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D printed modelgun and the law   3D printed modelgun and the law Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3D printed modelgun and the law
Page 1 of 1