MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?

Go down 
+2
claymore
Dunburr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dunburr

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2022-05-02

What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US? Empty
PostSubject: What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?   What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US? Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2022 11:00 pm

I just want to know if it's a good idea considering that buyee labels any modelgun I can find on the site as a "prohibited item" and sometimes straight up disallows me from even bidding on it. On a previous post I noted that buyee couldn't get me caps because of the fact it was a prohibited item, does this count for replicas as well?

much appreciated
-Dun
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?   What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US? Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 5:49 pm

Sorry cant help with this one, never come across buyee
Back to top Go down
ll329

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : US
Registration date : 2022-10-18

PostSubject: Re: What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?   What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2022 1:15 pm

Dunburr wrote:
I just want to know if it's a good idea considering that buyee labels any modelgun I can find on the site as a "prohibited item" and sometimes straight up disallows me from even bidding on it. On a previous post I noted that buyee couldn't get me caps because of the fact it was a prohibited item, does this count for replicas as well?

much appreciated
-Dun

Which site is that to be precise
Back to top Go down
k0wl00n

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2022-06-27

PostSubject: Re: What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?   What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2022 10:26 pm

To those who don’t know. Buyee is a Japanese Yahoo auction proxy site. You buy something from Japanese Yahoo and they ship it to you.

Cerwyn and Stage Armament Solutions like this post

Back to top Go down
Ex_Libris
Ex_Libris

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?   What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 5:57 am

I'm likewise in the U.S. and have been considering using Buyee myself but always get cold feet when the warning about "firearms" being unsupported items comes up. Have you tried ordering anything since you originally posted?
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?   What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2023 1:42 pm

I've never used Buyee, but assuming they want to avoid a situation sending a goods to buyer outside Japan, but it is stopped at a Custom and end up send back to Japan, angry buyer do not agree to pay. Some countries are very strict around replica guns, may not go through the custom.

As to the caps.....maybe 10 years before or so, I can send out it from Japan, but it is now classified as "dangerous goods", you need to ask professional forwarding company to sent up a specific carton and have they handle for import/export clearance which going to cost.

I think you need to check your local rule around replica guns.

S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?   What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are peoples experiences with buyee and modelgun buying in the US?
Page 1 of 1