MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Empty
PostSubject: Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle   Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:29 am

Post by lampwick

I know that it is frowned upon to mention Airsoft here but bear with me. I have just bought an all metal/wood Dragunov BB firer and wondered what were the chances of the handymen among you knowing if it would be possible to replace the internal gubbins with, say, the internals of a Hudson AK47 or any blowback weapon to achieve 'Model Gun' status?
I attach a couple of pics and a link to where someone talks knowledgeably about internal gubbins and such. Let me know what you think.
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Ajs_pics_ca33_005
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Normal_Dragunov
Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle SVD1
http://www.arrakis.es/~jose482/SVD/eng_svd_dragunov2.htm
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle   Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:30 am

Wow that is one impressive looking gun!

I don't know enough about AK47 series or Dragunov's but the receivers look very similar. Woul it be possible to transfer the stock and front end of the BB Dragunov over to a Hudson AK47 rather than the other way around?

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle   Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:30 am

Post by MadMike

Well, the real AK and SWD (snaiperskaja wintowka Dragunowa - this is the (East) German spelling) are similar in the way they operate and look, but parts are NOT interchangable.

Another thing is that the Hudson AK has the reputation of not operating too well, and it seems hard to find spars and carts.

Anyway you have a really nice, great looking sniper gun!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle   Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Mark

I like the idea of making this into a modelgun and I am sure that the Hudson AK would be a great donor gun to use. Seeing that the real Dragunov was semi-auto only and that it fires the 7.62x54 round it might be a little stretch to use the AK parts. The magazines would be a problem as the length of the cartridges would be "off" and, the feed lips on the airsoft rifle are most likely missing due to the fact that they aren't needed.

I am not sure what would be a good donor gun for the cartridges in this case as the 7.62x54 was a rimmed cartridge. The 7.92 cartridges from the Shoei FG42 might work length wise but...Their cost etc.

Anyway, that is a beautiful rifle (airsoft or not)

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle   Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:32 am

Post by lampwick

As far as I can see the AK47 body doesn't have the 1.5" gap between the trigger guard and the magazine catch which gives the SVD the stretched look that is an integral part of it visually. I remember seeing a blank firing hybrid SVD at an Arms Fair some years ago that had been made from an AK receiver, SVD furniture and a blank firing pistol shoved into the gap where the pistol grip would be. It looked GHASTLY!!
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle   Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 5:08 am

I Think i am looking at the same soft gun as Lampwick, for the same purpose.
In my opinion not impossible but a serious and time consuming challenge.
Guess the point is that it’s going to be all new / customized internals !!
Back to top Go down
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle   Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2018 6:20 am

I would definitely try if I had the skills and the equipment Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle   Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle
Page 1 of 1