MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LS M16A1 Kit For Sale

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigfoot

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : Austria
Registration date : 2022-11-08

LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Empty
PostSubject: Re: LS M16A1 Kit For Sale   LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 12:44 pm

I found an LS Colt M-16 A1 Gun Kit my father bought in the 80s or 90s in my basement. The box is a bit caved in on the frontside, but except for that it is a pretty good condition. The kit was never built.

I could not find a lot about this kit. Since i dont want to build it, i would let it go - could you give me an advise how much i can ask for and where to offer it? Ebay.de and local selling plattforms here in austria forbid anything thats related to toy guns / or gun imitations.

Thank you and best regards!LS M16A1 Kit For Sale 20221110
LS M16A1 Kit For Sale 20221111
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: LS M16A1 Kit For Sale   LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2022 2:20 pm

Hello Bigfoot

Welcome to the Forum!

ebay.co.uk also forbid the sales of replica guns although the occasional kit like yours appears. My first suggestion would be posting your LS kit on this forum's Buy/Sell section. I've taken the liberty of moving your post onto there today.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: LS M16A1 Kit For Sale   LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 12:14 pm

Price wise its always difficult, i have seen the LS pistols going for £100 and upwards to about £200 which in my opinion is way over priced. That said as LS are only available 2nd hand then price can be high, the only problem is you can buy a marushin or MGC M16 for normally the £200 to £300 mark and they are way better than LS kits so i dont see anyone paying too high a price unless they collect LS models.

as i said difficult one as you dont see them come up for comparison, put it up for a price you feel comfortable with and if it does not sell lower the price.
Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 150
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-12-08

PostSubject: Re: LS M16A1 Kit For Sale   LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2022 5:38 pm

I think that’s very fair advice claymore. On eBay LS handguns seem to sell for high double figures to £150 plus, and more can be found listed (not selling necessarily) much higher. It would seem to make sense that this LS rifle could be listed or sell for £200 plus. I do like to buy an occasional LS, but when it gets to a ‘actually this is x% of a modelgun’ I stop bidding.

It’s a nice model, and I’m sure there’s a buyer out there. Finding the buyer is the perennial issue Smile

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: LS M16A1 Kit For Sale   LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2022 11:13 am

As others stated it is not easy to set a price. Claymore is right, a Marushin or MGC M16 modelgun is much better than the LS kit, but your kit is in almost "new in box" condition, so a LS collecter may be willing to pay 200 to 300 € right away.

I would love to add it to my M16 collection, but right now everythinmg is a little upside-down and I cannot afford it.

You could always try eGun.de, but I think collectors being interested in this kind of models are getting rarer there, so your best bet may still be ebay.

Here is also a good place as forum members may be interested as well.
Back to top Go down
Bigfoot

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : Austria
Registration date : 2022-11-08

PostSubject: Re: LS M16A1 Kit For Sale   LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2022 4:14 pm

Sold for 250€ + 67€ Shipping costs to New Zealand.

Thank you all for your advice!
Back to top Go down
oozlum
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 150
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2019-12-08

PostSubject: Re: LS M16A1 Kit For Sale   LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2022 2:45 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Sold for 250€ + 67€ Shipping costs to New Zealand.

Thank you all for your advice!

Excellent! Smile. Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LS M16A1 Kit For Sale   LS M16A1 Kit For Sale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LS M16A1 Kit For Sale
Page 1 of 1