MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC M11 bolt

Go down 
+3
corgifactory
claymore
Charwcc8
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Charwcc8

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : Britain
Registration date : 2022-08-21

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 4:03 pm

Hi all, unfortunately my MGC M11 models bolt has just snapped in half!

I’ve fired lots of rounds through it before with no problems but it’s just done this now while firing semi auto

Does this happen to most plastic model guns eventually? I did take good care of it cleaning after every use and making sure everything was greased correctly

Any chance somebody can let me buy a spare bolt off them? If you don’t want money I have a few types of cartridges for trade?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 5:20 pm

This is normal with plastic modelguns but also the metal ones and the M11 rate of fire puts the model under a lot of stress. Thats why some of use went to the older open rounds rather than the CP ones as the open are less stress on the model. MGC parts are hard to come by due to company closing a good few years ago. I will keep a lookout on the Japanese yahoo site see if anything comes up but dont hold your breath and i doubt they will be cheap.

Charwcc8 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Charwcc8

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : Britain
Registration date : 2022-08-21

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 5:30 pm

Thanks claymore. I was using the open type carts when the bolt split. Never had this happen with any of my model guns before but now I know to use them on the odd occasion instead of firing them often. Looking at buying another one soon as I doubt I’d be able to find another bolt
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2023 5:41 pm

I have had a quick look on yahoo, a good few complete M11's but no bolts
Back to top Go down
corgifactory

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2017-04-04

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeSun Aug 06, 2023 3:22 am

Can't offer help but I'm dreading this happening. Will probably have to get a new one machined once it breaks, which I know it will, since I've got an Easy-CP detonator in there at present. Machining is expensive, but not near as expensive as buying new parts, which they don't even make anymore. It's a shame.
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 4:38 am

I have had 2 bolts Breaking In recent time. Wondering if the ZAMAK metal Can develop metal fatigue ??

No matter maybe it’s time for the forum here to generate a “Bolt file library” with blue prints to have spares machined or 3D printed from ??

Browning and Sommarkatze like this post

Back to top Go down
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 11:51 am

c_alexandersen wrote:
I have had 2 bolts Breaking In recent time. Wondering if the ZAMAK metal Can develop metal fatigue ??

No matter maybe it’s time for the forum here to generate a “Bolt file library” with blue prints to have spares machined or 3D printed from ??

That sounds like a wonderful idea. Just 3d printing alone maybe should have its own catogery?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2023 11:56 am

We did try 3d printed bolts a few yrs ago, but it was not really successful. maybe 3d printers have improved since then.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 7:23 am

I found that printing was the easy bit, the problem I had was finding a plastic that could match the original ABS part.

The ABS filament available for printers is too soft compared to the moulded stuff and lasts about the same length of time as Hudson metal parts Laughing

There will be a time when 3d printing (Filament or resin) will be a viable option, we just have to wait for the right material, which might be already out there.

8ace

Cerwyn and Browning like this post

Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 6:56 pm

I may have some on hand - I used to have quite a few - MGC and CAW but I don't recall if I've since sold them off. PM me if you're still trying to find one and I'll have a look for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC M11 bolt Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC M11 bolt   MGC M11 bolt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC M11 bolt
Page 1 of 1