MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Japan Python

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bunker

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : Newbury, England
Registration date : 2023-02-06

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: MGC Japan Python   MGC Japan Python Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2023 7:08 pm

Hi Folks, thank you for letting me in.
Ive inherited these two heavy metal MGC revolvers one is a Python Magnum, the other has no designation on it, just the MGC badge.
There are some cartridges somewhere too, not sure how they work and I cant find much about them.
The action is excellent, i expect they were never 'used', just storage marks.
Id like to sell them, are they worth anything? Better off in an enthusiasts hands than my cupboard!
Many thanks

Simon
(Newbury, Berkshire)

MGC Japan Python 3-211
MGC Japan Python 1-211
MGC Japan Python 2-211

Rob du Jour likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Japan Python   MGC Japan Python Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2023 3:07 pm

Hello Bunker,

Welcome to the Forum!

If you could show a couple of photos of the cartridges with dimensions we might be able to get you some information about them.
We've a pretty extensive catalogue of cartridges here to date.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Japan Python   MGC Japan Python Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2023 5:01 pm

What are they worth, mate its never easy with modelguns but the metal models dont come up that often. some of the metal modles could fire caps they had small brass rounds with a small hole in the bullet end for a 5mm cap but other models just had dumm rounds. Also some models did not hare a firing pin on the hammer so again just dummy round models.
I have seen these for between £130 and £200 depending on condition and who was selling and with all these models its whatever someone will pay.

Stage Armament Solutions likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stage Armament Solutions
Stage Armament Solutions

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Washington DC, USA
Registration date : 2009-05-17

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Japan Python   MGC Japan Python Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 4:03 pm

Good info from Claymore- thanks mate.

I suspect Mr. Bunker has been fielding PMs regarding the purchase of the models. (Brilliant bequeathment by the way!)

I actually have a few of the .357 Pythons in my possession, but would be most interested in the .38 Smith & Wesson snubby.

The big issue, of course, is my location across the water. There are no restrictions or considerations that I am aware of on my end for shipping and receiving, but admit to cluelessness regarding the rules in Great Britain.

Would anyone be able to weigh in? Or perhaps more to the point, is there any previous discussion of the topic in the Forum that I could refer to? I'm sure I'm not the only ungrateful colonist interested in the requirements for shipping out of the Isles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.sasguns.com
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Japan Python   MGC Japan Python Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 6:11 pm

Johnnyv on this forum may be able to advise you best on sending from the UK to the states as i think he has sent in the past. dont think there is any restrictions in the UK for sending replicas but its who will ship, possibly UPS would be the best bet, some shippers in the Uk wont handle anything firearm related. Also cost which is not cheap, even sending small parts such as spares within europe has become expensive. Customs your end i believe can also be a problem, god knows why, all in all it has become a hassle to send out of country.

Stage Armament Solutions likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stage Armament Solutions
Stage Armament Solutions

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Japan Python   MGC Japan Python Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 6:17 pm

claymore wrote:
Johnnyv on this forum may be able to advise you best on sending from the UK to the states as i think he has sent in the past. dont think there is any restrictions in the UK for sending replicas but its who will ship, possibly UPS would be the best bet, some shippers in the Uk wont handle anything firearm related. Also cost which is not cheap, even sending small parts such as spares within europe has become expensive. Customs your end i believe can also be a problem, god knows why, all in all it has become a hassle to send out of country.

Thank you, sir! Yes, I think UPS or perhaps DHL would be good to use.
Back to top Go down
Bunker

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : Newbury, England
Registration date : 2023-02-06

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Japan Python   MGC Japan Python Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2023 1:47 pm

Looking at DPD website, they wont of course allow "Replica weapons" but ours I believe would be closed a as a Toy Gun. The risk would be with the purchaser. :-)
Back to top Go down
Stage Armament Solutions
Stage Armament Solutions

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: My BAD (Mea Culpa)    MGC Japan Python Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2023 6:03 pm

Just wanted to come back to this. I have PMed my apologizes to Bunker but wanted to publicly say that I am actually NOT in the market for his offerings.

(I have an inventory of 450+ weapon props for my side business of supplying goodies to film and theatre, and it turns out I have a few different types of the .38 snubbies in the collection).

I still think these are very desirable and I would expect somebody will want to 'adopt' them. Smile

Thank you to claymore for all the great info and to Bunker for finding the forums in the first place.

claymore and Bunker like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC Japan Python Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Japan Python   MGC Japan Python Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Japan Python
Page 1 of 1