MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paint and scratches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chaks

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2022-01-11

Paint and scratches Empty
PostSubject: Paint and scratches   Paint and scratches Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2023 12:46 pm

Hello! Newish to the forum. Been a long time lurker. Picked this Kokusai Colt Trooper MkIII with a 4" barrel up recently. I'm wanting to do away with the chrome look and go with a true color. If I'm going that route, what can be done about some of the light scratches on the surface?

Also, I don't mind giving the repair/paint myself, but would rather have a pro do it. Is anyone aware of a professional that does restore/paint on these modelguns?

Finally, I looked through the forums and there isn't a manual available for this model here. Anyone happen to have one handy?

Paint and scratches 35101010
Paint and scratches 35106710
Paint and scratches 35148910

broomie and SunHill999 like this post

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Paint and scratches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint and scratches   Paint and scratches Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2023 7:48 pm

you have done well to find a trooper dont see many of them even in Japan. not sure how you can remove the scratches but i would try some fine wire wool and solvol autosol, it works on motorcycle chrome so should work on modelgun chrome as long as the scratches are not deep.
Blueing is another story never had any real good results on top of chrome, there has to be a way though.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Paint and scratches
Page 1 of 1