MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deerhunter

Number of posts : 13
Location / Country : Finland
Registration date : 2023-09-06

Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted Empty
PostSubject: Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted   Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Hi all,

I've just registered here.

I've had an interest in model guns for over 40 years and now on bit of a nostalgia trip.

Over 10 years ago a threw out my UK Sussex Armoury catalogues and regretted it ever since. I never imagined it would be so hard to find one again.

I hesitated and missed out on a couple which sold on eBay several years ago and haven't seen one since.

Does anyone here have one for sale? Or even better, willing to share some good quality scans which I could also use in my blog about Sussex Armoury. In fact the scans would be better.

I had their 1980 pull-out poster catalogue and the one from 1981.

I've managed to get hold of an 1973 RMI catalogue (with UK prices handwritten inside) and a few Phoenix Arms Co. posters/price lists which I can also share here if there's interest.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted   Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 6:20 pm

A big welcome to the forum. i think we all regret some of the things we threw away in the past, i am sure that the forum has scans of many of the old companies that we used to have, so you might need to do a bit of trawling.
I am sure i have some old brochures i will check and post if i do.

Deerhunter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Deerhunter

PostSubject: Re: Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted   Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 7:12 pm

That would be great thanks.

If only I'd taken scans myself before I got rid of them!
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 118
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted   Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 10:38 pm

I've just had a look at my "stash" of old catalogues and I have the Sussex Armoury catalogues/poster for 1980 and 81. I also have a Scalemead Arms catalogue from 83 and a Phoenix Arms Company one from 87.

Not looking to sell any of them, but will scan and share in due course.

Andy

Deerhunter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Deerhunter

PostSubject: Re: Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted   Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2023 8:47 am

Browning wrote:
I've just had a look at my "stash" of old catalogues and I have the Sussex Armoury catalogues/poster for 1980 and 81. I also have a Scalemead Arms catalogue from 83 and a Phoenix Arms Company one from 87.

Not looking to sell any of them, but will scan and share in due course.

Andy

Thanks Andy, that would be brilliant.

I would be more than happy to have some high quality scans of those Sussex Armoury catalogues at least. Will bring back memories of drooling over those pages. Sadly, as a teenager I could never afford to buy anything. Even when they had their final closing down sale I missed out. Although I did get a Colt Peacemaker reduced because the gun blue was sub-standard. Sadly I gave that away in the mid-1980's  Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted 1f626

Can we start a new thread/section somewhere to post all our old catalogue scans? I can add what I have there too. A good source of reference.

I see that you're in Cambridgeshire. I was brought up in Huntingdon during the 1970's. During that time some of us found a site in central Huntingdon where we could dig up spent bullets. All handgun bullets and mostly 9mm. I would say WW2 era. Due to the location I wonder if they were dumped there. It's possible the area is undisturbed to this day. If you, or someone you know is into that kind of thing I can PM you the location. If you know someone with a metal detector then it could be fun treasure hunt! I live in Finland now so no way I'm ever going to get back there to go digging.

Browning likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sussex Armoury 1980/81 catalogue wanted
Page 1 of 1