MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you guys are "storing" your guns?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Empty
PostSubject: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:54 pm

*** Originally posted by interceptor ***

Here goes :

I've seen cases on a website (for guns) and I've been wondering if those things were really good for it, does anybody have one, so he can tell me more about it ?

Otherwise, what is better for storing them than the original box (which is my case for now) ??

Thx
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:54 pm

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

Hello!

Well, I normally store them away in their original box. I can not hang them on the wall as guests, neighbours and my girlfriend would be upset seeing them. But I have the one modelgun I am currently "playing" with handy in a drawer.

Greetings

MadMike
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:55 pm

*** Originally posted by helfire ***

Hi INTERCEPTOR,

Do you have a link to the website with the gun cases, so we can take a look at the cases you have seen?
then we can give you a better view on them.

I'm going keep my weapons in hand made cabinets with mirrors in a spare room in my house....that is when i can get them finished
at the moment they are stored in their original boxes or plastic gun cases with foam inserts,
silica gel is a good idea to keep with them too as it keeps damp away.

Cheers...Andy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:55 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I keep mine under my pillow!

Not really, I have several spare plastic gun cases (I would have listed them on Ebay but I am not allowed, they will suspend me (oops, too late!)). I tend to disgard the original boxes most of the time, and opt for original gun cases which I do not get from Ebay, but from my local firearm supplier. i.e. For my Beretta 96, I have a plastic Beretta 96 real gun case, and so on. For that little bit special item, such as the custom .44 Automag or something, then it is worth getting a good custom built gun case, and again your local firearm supplier should be able to supply or recomend someone to you, or websites such as this may be able to point you in the right direction. You could probably also get gun specific cases from the original suppliers (as above, direct from Beretta) as most gun manufacturers have websites with such items on. You may also find enthusiast groups, something like the Beretta handgun owners club where you could get a lot of information reguarding custom jobs, what others have had done etc.

As Mad Mike said with his, most of my guns end up in various cases etc stored in a cabinet , but the one I am playing with will be fairly close to hand. Also any that I cannot cram into my cabinet end up overspilling onto the floor, and across the room etc.

I have made two exceptions only, and that is for my Walther PPK and Walther P99 which are displayed on my wall, as part of a whole James Bond theme thing that I have going (as I am a little bit of a Bond fan). They are secured into place by two or threee nails (I like to keep things simple) which if I need to clean them or take them for a firing, then I can simply lift them off. I also have a habit of keeping the ammo in seperate location to the guns. Old habit I guess.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Thanks for your replies, the place where I found these cases is here :

http://www.malugo.com./gun%20case%20carrying%20sub.htm

(also selling model guns)

So, the original box is enough ?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:56 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

Those cases all look fine, if that style is the sort of thing that you are after. They would certainly be more beneficial than the original box if you are planning to accessorise your guns, and also for travelling purposes. They are not essential. As long as your guns are well looked after then they will last you many years with or without the boxes, as many of the older models show. I think that at the end of the day, it comes down to personal preference. As I say, as long as you maintain the guns and look after them, then you can store them pretty much however you like.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:56 pm

Heh, yeah

I'd hesitate to travel with those things simply in a non-lockable case anyways , but they don't look bad, for sure.

Thx
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

Hell man I secure all my modelguns in the safe in a bank's underground vault.

Imagine if the staffs there saw me putting my gun into my safe, they might think that I am robbing them. I will normally take my box and go into a special cubical room to retrieve them and put them in my bag before I come out. Don't know what the consequences will be if they found out that I have a gun.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:57 pm

*** Originally posted by helfire ***

Hi weekf,

Wow, thats really playing with fire you probably would get shot dead if they saw you!...you know... shoot first ask questions later approach.
couldn't you get a large safe/vault/shotgun cabinet at your home? i wouldn't be able to take them sort of risks

Cheers....Andy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:57 pm

well, for myself, I wouldn't even store them out of MY home !
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

as iv just posted somewere else. i made some 50 inch padded cases for my armoury.

they currently live underthe bed (only bit of space i had) ....... i prefer my cases to the original boxes (which i still have of course) ... and my cases also have padlocks on (and are damned heavy so i cant see anyone running off with them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you guys are "storing" your guns?   How do you guys are "storing" your guns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you guys are "storing" your guns?
Page 1 of 1