MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

delivery to uk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:03 pm

*** Originally posted by ss67uk ***

Help, im new here.

Buying a beretta assembly kit soon.
Has anybody had problems with U.K customs,
still aint too clear on modelgun laws
(delivery from Japan to U.K)

Thanks
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:04 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

the only customs trouble you'll probably come across is tax when it arrives in the UK. If its not marked as gift and is marked up at being worth more than $100 USD you'll most probably be charged around £15-20 tax, this must be paid before the package will be given to you.

Other than that, never any problems for me.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:04 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

At the moment it is perfectly legal for you to buy and import guns as long as the guns themselves fall within U.K. law. That means that you can order and import BB guns or model guns without problems. You cannot import forward firing blank firers or black powder guns, which can be bought legally in other countries without licence, but are illegal in the U.K. As was mentioned, the only customs problem that you may encounter is the tax ( ).
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:05 pm

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

i have had some run ins with her majestys customs

i can tell you that size of package doesnt matter ........weight doesnt matter ...... how the package is marked doesnt matter

all that matters is what mood the customs men are in that morning........ they just open packages at random .......and if they do they charge a percentage based on the cost of the item.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:05 pm

*** Originally posted by allenb ***

Yep, I agree with gary, it just seems to be random. The charges I've paid are also pretty random, unless they find an invoice inside...

Its a pain in the arse when an item is stopped as I have a long trip to the nearest depot
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

delivery to uk Empty

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

Which is why its best to mark it lower than its worth buy something for 200 quid, mark it for 90 dollars or something lol (only insured for that though)
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:06 pm

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

well franckys a good guy ....... and he marks stuff lower to save the trouble with customs.and hes always reliable
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:06 pm

*** Originally posted by allenb ***

Yeah, I've had stuff marked low on the outside..... But if they still open it up and find an invoice inside... You get clobbered. Many companies stick an invoice inside with the goods even if you don't want them to. Could be a problem with some of the jobsworth customs bods as its pretty obvious someones attempting a little fraud.

As you say, its best to get stuff off someone you know is sensible with their packaging like Francky.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:07 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I recon that there are some Customs officers on this forum, and that they have been siezing peoples guns and then taking them home, just from looking at the size of some of thier collections!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

delivery to uk Empty
PostSubject: Re: delivery to uk   delivery to uk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

delivery to uk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun General Discussion-
Jump to: