MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fjs62

Number of posts : 10
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2019-08-21

WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Empty
PostSubject: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2024 7:34 pm

I'm looking for a MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off, for a mod I want to try. My goal is to make a functioning safety/charging handle instead off the molded one. I'd don't want to ruin a complete bolt for the mod.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 2:19 pm

Hello fjs62

I had my own MGC MP40 bolt modified in exactly the way that you are planning.

The working Safety/charging handle from Marushin's ABS and HWABS was grafted onto a home machined steel replacement bolt. 
It works exactly as it should.
The problem now is that Marushin spare parts are almost unobtainable. You could try finding a second hand Marushin MP40? A good source is Japan's Yahoo auction site.
I'm sure that if you contacted Forum member shazhib in Tokyo he might look and try sourcing you either a complete used MP40 or parts.

The Japanese have a tendency to describe some models as "Junk". Don't let that put you off. I've bought a few Junk models to find them is almost new, undamaged condition.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

fjs62 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
fjs62

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2024 8:21 pm

Thanks for the info, also for the tip on the auction and reaching out to shazhib, I have an extra bolt and a cut non functional original bolt, with a functioning charging handle/safety, I'm not sure if the bolts I have are cap firing, if they are, do you think adding the functioning safety would ruin that capability. I don't have a det pin either way, but that's another quest on my list.
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240114
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240113
cut bolt
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240112
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240115
My bolts.
I also just got a used Marushin abs zinc mp40, I was very impressed with it, my next mod after the safety is the barrel, I have a spare barrel, my mgc is a mongrel made from parts acquired over time, one barrel is serial numbered not blocked but with a grove inside, and the other is blocked completely with no serial number, not sure which is appropriate for cap firing.
[/img] WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240118
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240117
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240119
serial numbered bolt.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 10:21 am

Your photos #3 and #4 are suitable for cap firing as the bolt face is complete and uncut.
Adding a working Safety will not affect firing. It would function as the real ones. Safety pushed in with the bolt closed stops the bolt moving backwards. Just remember to pull the Safety out before attempting to pull the bolt back  Wink

Also your open barrel with the anti-tamper bar running through it allows smoke to vent through during firing. If it has a plugged end where the Pet.Pin would sit, it's been modified at the factory to make it non-firing. The plug can, however, can removed with care.  
There are articles posted in the dedicated MGC MP40 Category about removing the plug which should help.
Shazhib may well be able to find you a Detonator Pin that would allow you to fire MGC P220 cartridges or a modern replacement. Just make sure you can obtain caps before spending money on cartridges. Where are you based please?
Another option is to make a Det.Pin. I posted a drawing of my Pin in the MGC MP40 category a long time ago with all dimensions to use P220s. The dimensions may need altering to suit your model and type of cartridge you choose.

Keep us posted how you progress!

Back to top Go down
fjs62

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 12:57 pm

WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240123
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240120
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240122
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240121
I have 200 of these, if these are the correct type, 100 came with the Marushin mp40, and I bought 100 more on ebay, the Marushin came with 7 cartridges, I have seen some posts making det pins to use them for MGC, whats your opinion on that. I downloaded your det pin drawing, I have a friend with a lathe that might be able to make one, but I'd rather buy one if available.  
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off S-l96010
I'm located in the US in the Boston area.
I appreciate your help on this, and I will keep posting my progress. My first MGC mp40, was purchased in the 70s my dad bought it for me at a fleamarket along with a nambu pistol, sold them in the 90s, wish I never did, bought the current one about 5 years ago, and have piecing parts to complete it. I posted in the mod section some mods I made.
 WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off 20240124

mradmack71 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 1:10 pm

Your barrel, chamber and bolt need no further work judging by these photos.

All you need is a Det.Pin. I'd suggest you ask shazhib if he could source a Det Pin. One in particular had an adjustable length pin to achieve the perfect match for the cartridge you use.

Caps could be your problem. Japanese regulations, airlines and couriers now class them as "explosives". Private purchasing from Japan cannot be done without licences etc etc.

If you know of an American supplier, get stocked up well now.

Until later

Back to top Go down
fjs62

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 2:34 pm

Great thanks for your help, so the caps I have are the correct type, next up cartridges and det pin.

Cerwyn likes this post

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 3:49 pm

Lovely patina on that 68 - hope you get it fully working soon! 😀

Cerwyn and fjs62 like this post

Back to top Go down
fjs62

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 4:26 pm

Thanks, it's always a work in progress, when I bought it, it was hideously painted.

Cerwyn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off    WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB MGC MP40 bolt with charging handle snaped off
Page 1 of 1