MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any modelgun fan from Australia???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Any modelgun fan from Australia??? Empty
PostSubject: Any modelgun fan from Australia???   Any modelgun fan from Australia??? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:35 pm

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

Seems like I am the only one from down under... sigh...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Any modelgun fan from Australia???   Any modelgun fan from Australia??? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:35 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

Not a suprise really with the restrictions you have, the UK is going to be in the same boat soon.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Any modelgun fan from Australia???   Any modelgun fan from Australia??? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:35 pm

can you own real firearms in the UK? I mean legally obtain a licence and joining a shooting club?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Any modelgun fan from Australia???   Any modelgun fan from Australia??? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:36 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

nope, banned quite a few years ago. Although, you are allowed to own some rifles i believe, and shotguns. But pistols etc are illegal
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Any modelgun fan from Australia???   Any modelgun fan from Australia??? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:36 pm

I see. Guess we are a few lucky ones here.

However, right to own pistol here subjects to many restriction such as barrel length and magazine capacity.

10 rounds is the max you can legally own just like the US. But the barrel must be at least 5 inches long. Means if you have a Glock 17 you will have to change the barrel to meet the requirement and therefore will have a little bit extra length sticking out of the slide. Looks stupid but true.

I think Australia will ban pistol too in near future just like the UK it is just a matter of time. Just waiting for some big incident to happen first then that will definityly take place. Just like the Dunblane incident in UK and Port Arthur massacre in Australia a few years back therefore restrictions was set after that.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

There is are a couple of little sort of loop holes in the UK to owning handguns still. One is to do with Black Powder revolvers. Another is to do with the age of the gun. The only way to own nodern guns like a Python or so forth is for the barrel to be long enough for it to ba classed as a rifle. I am not sure of the exact length without looking it up, but it is long! That way it makes it pretty much impossible to conceal the gun. The last way to own one is probably the easiest, just break the law!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any modelgun fan from Australia???   Any modelgun fan from Australia??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any modelgun fan from Australia???
Page 1 of 1