MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka Glock 17

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Tanaka Glock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka Glock 17   Tanaka Glock 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:37 pm

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

I have seen the built quality of the recent released Tanaka Glock 17. It is not as good as their recent release of the USP and P226.

I think they simply use their very old mold from their early 90's release and no improvement had been done whatsoever. Also they have not done the rail version as well just the same old no finger grooves, no rail version.

With their recent P226 and USP release the barrel block at the ejection port are made in metal while the Glock is still in plastic form which is identical to their first release of the model. The only thing that has change is the serial number and heavy weight material used.

Other parts also not very well made. The quality is not as solid as MGC or Marushin's one. I know Tanaka make very good rifle modelgun but at pistol division they still have some catching up to do with other modelgun maker.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Also I heard that MGC in Japan is closing up? I saw it from airsoft gun magazine as I am able to read a little bit of Japanese it says the Ueno shop is closing down is that the only shop anyone knows? If MGC stops producing modelgun that will be a loss for modelgun fan all around the world.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Tanaka Glock 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Glock 17   Tanaka Glock 17 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:38 pm

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

I am not sure about MGC but I think it has still got other shops around but the Ueno shop is definitely closing down you can check with Francky.

Well this is just a marketing tactic for Tanaka, modelgun manufacturer's tactic is always ABS version first, then HW slide ABS receiver combination, then full HW version. This is normally their practice. So if you want the HW version then don't buy now, they will come out with another version later. Way to make $$$...
Back to top Go down

Tanaka Glock 17
Page 1 of 1