MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modelgun Bluing or Coating

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Modelgun Bluing or Coating Empty
PostSubject: Modelgun Bluing or Coating   Modelgun Bluing or Coating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by 8ace

OK....How about a guide to bluing Modelgun Bluing or Coating Icon_question

I.... with the help of you guys would like to sort out a rough guide to bluing or coating zinc/HW/ABS modelguns.

What do you think Modelgun Bluing or Coating Icon_question

8ace
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Bluing or Coating   Modelgun Bluing or Coating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Mark

Sounds great!

There are a few tricks to "bluing" modelguns that i have had a measure of success with on my HW/zinc modelguns. The most important is to read and understand the instructions on the bottle/tube/can etc of blue that you are trying to use on your model. Also, there are quite a few formulas of bluing out there that work quite well on steel but not on zinc/HW plastics. Some of the bluing that is formulated for zinc is not readily available outside of Japan due to "Hasmat" or other rules.
Surface preparation is extremely important! If there is any grease/oil present on the surface to be blued the bluing will not work in that area of the grease/oil. Also, the surface prep dictates the final finish that the bluing achieves. I.E a highly polished surface= a shiny blue finish. A rough surface= a dull parkerized like finish.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Bluing or Coating   Modelgun Bluing or Coating Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:36 pm

Sounds great to me too !

I've a couple of models that need doing, but I don't know how! A guide would be perfect please

Cerwyn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun Bluing or Coating   Modelgun Bluing or Coating Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelgun Bluing or Coating
Page 1 of 1