MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Revolvers Coming Soon...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11074
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

New Revolvers Coming Soon... Empty
PostSubject: New Revolvers Coming Soon...   New Revolvers Coming Soon... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by jim

Something not as exciting - but definitely better than nothing...

1) Tanaka's cap firing Colt SAA .45 Civilian (ABS) - to be released mid-February (source: noda-ya),

2) 2 Snub Noses from Hartford:
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M10m15_2inch

a) S&W M10 2" old
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M10_2a
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M10_2b
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M10_2c
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M10_2d

b) S&W M15 2"
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M15_2a
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M15_2b
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M15_2c
New Revolvers Coming Soon... M15_2d

I'll definitely get the 2" M15 - but for the old M10 I think my Kokusai's better New Revolvers Coming Soon... Icon_wink ...

(source: HWS)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: New Revolvers Coming Soon...   New Revolvers Coming Soon... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Spencerman

I notice that the older model only has Made In USA stamped on it. Is this correct? Shouldnt it have the Marcus Registradus etc etc yada yada on it too? I noticed also that they are using the correct S&W trademarks. I also noticed, and maybe someone will be able to explain why, that the logo in on the left hand side instead of the right. I know that this is not unique to this model, and I also know that they switched the side on the Model 10 at some point, but why? I personally prefer the S&W logo on the right hand side, it just kind of looks right. Putting it on the left underneath the cylinder release just kind of overcrowds things there in my opinion and makes it look ugly. It also leaves the right hand side looking too plain, and in need of a little something else, kind of like the simple Made In USA stamp, it just doesnt seem to look as good.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: New Revolvers Coming Soon...   New Revolvers Coming Soon... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by jim

The pictures shown are the prototypes and when it releases I believe there'll be markings on the barrels as well...I got the 4" version released before.

For some reasons there're "stains" all over the revolver probably due to the quality of the HW material used...I'll try to post pics later.

Then for the old M10...Hartford just remodelled their S&W Victory 4" & 5" so the hammer is of the earlier type (as shown on the pics the hammers are different)...maybe HWS can market this M10 as a "Wartime Production" so the markings along with other details are omitted.

I assume that the S&W logo moves from the left to the right because S&W later figure out that stamping it on the right (on the steel plate only) is easier and more productive than stamping it on the left (on the frame) in case of faulty stamping (easier to rework on one plate instead of the entire frame)...I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: New Revolvers Coming Soon...   New Revolvers Coming Soon... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Claymore

cheers jim nice to see new models coming out, i am with you model15 is fine and i would buy one but the 10 is not really for me
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: New Revolvers Coming Soon...   New Revolvers Coming Soon... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by shazhib

Hi,

I heard Tanaka is going to release plastic (don't know HW or ABS) SAA and M29. Details are yet to be announced, will inform you as soon as I got something.

Jim,

I know your point, but at the same time, no maker wants to invest lot of money on a mold to make a modelgun in this "Winter of modelgun world" period. That's why HWS, Tanaka or Marushin is doing either re-production or making a model by altering an old mold. I would be happy to see brand new never made before model, but don't know how many people would buy that.

I am looking forward to see M29 from Tanaka, but the issue here is, will that be in real size cylinder. There has never been a real size M29 in modelgun (Kokusai M29 won't take real size rounds).

Shaz,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Revolvers Coming Soon...   New Revolvers Coming Soon... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Revolvers Coming Soon...
Page 1 of 1