MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC MP40 Missing a Screw???

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC MP40 Missing a Screw??? Empty
PostSubject: MGC MP40 Missing a Screw???   MGC MP40 Missing a Screw??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by jayrbenz

I've got a new MGC MP40 and the lower is a little loose. I noticed there is an empty hole forward of the trigger right by a molded in screw. Usually where the lock screw would go on a real MP40. Is there supposed to be a screw here to hold the lower? If so, does anyone know what a comparable replacement would be as far as thread size?

It doen't look like it's threaded for a bolt so I'll probably just try to use a small bolt with a nut on the bottom side of the trigger guard. If nothing else it should hold it for the short term.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 Missing a Screw???   MGC MP40 Missing a Screw??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Doc

Early models did not have a captive nut in the bottom of the lower trigger housing so any bolt will do.
Later ones have a captive nut spot welded on and its a M4 x 0.7 if memory serves.

DOC

.... well anything mechanical that can kill people is interesting ...
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 Missing a Screw???   MGC MP40 Missing a Screw??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by jayrbenz

Thanks Doc,
I managed to turn down a screw to fit the lower and was able to snake a nut around the back side. Nice and snug now.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 Missing a Screw???   MGC MP40 Missing a Screw??? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Mark

The fact that the MGC MP40's have the large dummy cast-in "screw" and the smaller screw up front to hold the pistolgrip/stock assy in place is weird. The original MP40 pistolgrip/stock assy was held in place by the large screw and the smaller screw was used to lock the bigger screw head in place. Many MGC MP40's are missing their pistolgrip screws as they tended to fall out over the years of rough handling.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC MP40 Missing a Screw???   MGC MP40 Missing a Screw??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC MP40 Missing a Screw???
Page 1 of 1