MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accessories for STEN

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Accessories for STEN Empty
PostSubject: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:18 pm

I have a skeleton stock on my own Sten but have been looking for a Pistol Grip as used by Special Forces etc.
There is a dealer in the US selling them for very little money but he refuses to answer e-mails despite saying he ships worldwide.

Any ideas please?
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Spencerman

Pistol grips have no restrictions in the uk, and I am pretty sure anywhere else for that matter, as they are not a major component for any firearm and contain no mechanism etc. You can freely sell them and ship them pretty much anywhere except on spazz-e-bay.
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi Spence'

I wouldn't have thought there would be a problem either with shipping such things.
The Dealer sells the Sten parts very cheaply and it'd be worth getting 'em off him as well as other stuff if only he answered his 'mail!

Maybe he just doesn't want to be bothered with small orders.

Trouble is that the grip I'd like is pretty expensive to buy over here when you see US prices even taking shipping into account!

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Mark

cerwyn wrote:
Nice collection Ken!
All of them are just in my line of interests too WW2 stuff.
I notice your Sten has the 3 options of stock, T Bar, Skeleton and is that the Pistol Grip too?
I have a skeleton stock on my own Sten but have been looking for a Pistol Grip as used by Special Forces etc.
There is a dealer in the US selling them for very little money but he refuses to answer e-mails despite saying he ships worldwide.
What are the legal issues involved here, could for argument's sake, you legally purchase a Sten pistol grip and sell it to me here in the UK without being arrested and sent to jail for the rest of your life?
What's the AK47 in your collection, is that a pfc model? Who made it and how do you find it performs?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn, You aren't refering to IMA (International Military Antiques) are you? I do believe that they are UK based. www.ima-usa.com ?
They should have a store in the UK somewhere I would think..
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi Mark,

The dealer I've seen now offering Sten kit is AA-OK Inc, 1802 N. Carson St. Suite #212-2178 Carson City, NV 89701 USA.

I've just placed an order on'line which has been accepted (so far) so here's hoping. If they don't answer e-mails maybe they'll respond to a proper order?

I've dealt with ima-usa.com many times for militaria but they flatly refuse to ship anything gun related. I asked for empty magazines but they responded by saying that anything like 'ordnance' was prohibited.
As far as I'm aware, they're a US based outfit, International Military Antiques, 1000 Valley Road, Gillette, NJ 07933... I have no information of a UK connection but would be keen to find out!

Cerwyn
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:46 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-STEN-Paratrooper-GRIP-for-Mk-2-Mk-3-Carbines_W0QQitemZ380183446077QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5884b3023d

Were they ever issued or are they "fantasy" type items as the Madsen type folding stock and other novelty bits are that Worldwide arms seem to offer for the Sten?

WW Arms also have(or did) at one time 2 different types of pistol grip for sale so with that Ebay one thats at least 3 different types ive seen.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 12:05 pm

After consulting the bible (Sten Machine Carbine, by Peter Laidler) I can't see any reference to the folding stock that worldwide arms are selling, also they refer to the pistol grip as a No1 MK1 but it looks like a cross between the No1 MK1 and No2 MK1 Question It looks like the stock from a Swedish M/45 Question The MK4 sten did have a folding stock but it's design was quite different.

But as with guns made during the war (and the sten which has been copied thought the world) there have been quite a few parts/mods that have never been documented.

8ace
Back to top Go down
tankhunter
tankhunter

Number of posts : 41
Location / Country : united kingdom
Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:46 am

Cerwyn wrote:
Post by Mark

cerwyn wrote:
Nice collection Ken!
All of them are just in my line of interests too WW2 stuff.
I notice your Sten has the 3 options of stock, T Bar, Skeleton and is that the Pistol Grip too?
What are the legal issues involved here, could for argument's sake, you legally purchase a Sten pistol grip and sell it to me here in the UK without being arrested and sent to jail for the rest of your life?
What's the AK47 in your collection, is that a pfc model? Who made it and how do you find it performs?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn, You aren't refering to IMA (International Military Antiques) are you? I do believe that they are UK based. www.ima-usa.com ?
They should have a store in the UK somewhere I would think..

They USED to have a UK Branch based in Godstone, Surry. But have closed that outlet approx 2 years back.
The Name of the Director is Christian Cranmer. His firm I.M.A sells a LOT of repro stuff, as well as orginal.
The pistol grips for the sten that you mention. Are replicas. The law in the US now prohibits the export of anything Gun spares or gun accessories wise. Without the legaly required Import & export paperwork form the Home Office.
Yes it's a pain, but the Law is the Law!..........
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Yes - Christian is based here in the US now.
He even has his own TV show.
I just bought a Yugo Lafette from him, dealt with him personally, he contacted because of something I was selling on gunbroker.

Accessories for STEN 2013-04-09211856_zpsd38d6264

Pit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for STEN   Accessories for STEN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accessories for STEN
Page 1 of 1