MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full Size or Compact Pistols?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Full Size or Compact Pistols? Empty
PostSubject: Full Size or Compact Pistols?   Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Post by Spencerman

I was wondering whilst sitting back and enjoying the fantastic new season of 24, whether people in general prefer the more compact versions of guns or the full size counterpart. You see, in 24 Jack Baur tends to use the H&K USP compact, the standard USP model being available from Tanaka. I thought, I quite like the compact, in fact, I think I prefer it to the standard one. Then I thought, I also prefer the Sig P228 to the P226 (the latter of which is also available from Tanaka). I prefer the Walther PPK to the PP. There is a pattern forming here, although not always true, as I prefer the Walther P99 standard to the P99 compact, but then the P99 is pretty compact to begin with.

I am not a lover of small guns, in fact guns are like many other things in life, and the size DOES count. However, I do seem to prefer compacted versions of full size guns, such as the Colt Commander perhaps? Anyway, apart from my bewilderment as to why many compact version guns are not available as models, I was wondering what other people preferred, full size or compact?
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Full Size or Compact Pistols?   Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Helfire

Hi Spence,

i tend to buy both if i can afford them Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_smile but the compact as got to be my favourite in any model,
i didn't even know that they made a P99 compact! got any pic's?

Helfire Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_wink
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Full Size or Compact Pistols?   Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by INTERCEPTOR

Hey'all

Well, about me, it depends from the gun, I tend to prefer their full-size versions. I mainly think it depends what you wanna do with the gun, though. As I don't need to hide them in a pocket or something. I purchase full-size guns. Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_biggrin
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Full Size or Compact Pistols?   Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Spencerman

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you, the P99 Compact:

Full Size or Compact Pistols? Waltherp99as
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Full Size or Compact Pistols?   Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Claymore

I always bout full size guns but i picked up a glock 26c some time ago and thats great fun, so now i have the mgc kimber compact and the V10 and i really like them great detail and they fire well. Also the S&W 459, although not a compact gun it is a small gun and a very good one, very loud and fires well.
So now i do tend to go for the compact versions but still the the full size first
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Full Size or Compact Pistols?   Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by WISEGUY

I own a Steyr M40-A1. Very sexy-lookin' gun, in my opinion. It's moderately compact anyway. Similar to the Walther P99 and P5, HK P2000 and VP70, the Beretta Cougar and the CZ100. Steyr's got a compact version of their M series... the S and the S-A1 (insert caliber in front after the S). Not sure if they have the S model it .40 S&W, but they do have it in 9mm. Which I think I'd probably get, as it's easier to control with such a compact frame. Here's pics.

Steyr M40-A1
Full Size or Compact Pistols? Steyrm40a1sideviews8sw

Steyr S series (only pic I could find was of the old frame)
Full Size or Compact Pistols? Steyrsa14tu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Size or Compact Pistols?   Full Size or Compact Pistols? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full Size or Compact Pistols?
Page 1 of 1