MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Empty
PostSubject: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 6:24 pm

Marushin MP40 (ABS) Strip down and Cleaning

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Mp40mo11

When I bought my first model gun I had no idea how to strip it down for cleaning and inspection. On-line help from forum members here got me sorted so I thought it might be a good idea to post up a Step by Step guide for Beginners.

I would welcome your thoughts please chaps. Most of the regular contributors here are far more knowledgable than I am. This Section is intended for Beginners and covers the basics. If you think I'm wasting space, please let me know ok?

As a sample then, I'll start with the Marushin MP40...

Remove the Magazine

Ensure the Bolt is all the way forward... Make sure too that the Charging Handle is set in the "Fire" position, Red Dot visible as shown.

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Dsc00926

Unscrew the Barrel Nut, pull off the Barrel assembly taking care not to drop the Sling Loop and Washer.

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Mp40sc10

Cleaning the Detonator Pin and Chamber is vital to keeping your MP40 firing properly so:-

Using long nosed pliers grasp the Detonator Pin and pull it out of the Chamber

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Dsc00111

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Dsc00111

There's a slot cut into the Barrel tube...

Grip the Detonator Chamber with your long nosed pliers through this slot and pull the Chamber from the Barrel.
This can be stubborn but grip it firmly and ease it out...

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Dsc00110

Next step is to seperate the Upper and Lower Receivers to get access to the Bolt assembly and Recoil Spring.

Pull the Locking Ring downwards away from the receiver and twist it half a turn to lock it in the release position.
The Spring here can be tight and awkward to pull against. If needed, remove the 2 slot head screws securing the side plates to the gun and pull them off. The Locking Ring is now fully exposed and can be turned easily.

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Dsc00112

Grasp the Upper Receiver around the Magazine Well with one hand, then grasp the Pistol Grip with the other.

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Marush29

Squeeze the Trigger and keep it down while you twist the Upper Receiver clockwise.
Twist it round until the rear sight touches the Lower Receiver side.

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Mp40tw10

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Marush14

Pull the Upper Receiver away from the Lower Receiver.

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Pbucket
The Bolt and Recoil Tube are a slide fit inside the Upper Receiver so to remove it just grip the Cocking Handle and pull it back and out along the slot. Check that the Charging Handle is set in "Fire", Red Dot visible otherwise it will be locked in "Safe" stopping the bolt moving backĀ 

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Dsc00928

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Dsc00927

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Marush27

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Marush28

A strip down this far will enable you to clean and re lubricate your MP40 ready for re assembly.

Next Chapters will cover cleaning, inspection and re-assembly...

Ref: https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-stripping-and-rebuild-guides-f12/marushin-mp40-abs-basic-strip-down-and-cleaning-guide-t17.htmBasic Stripdown

Ref: https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-cleaning-guides-f11/marushin-mp40-abs-basic-clean-lubrication-guide-t38.htm Cleaning & Lubrication

Ref:https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-cleaning-guides-f11/marushin-mp40-abs-basic-parts-inspection-guide-t39.htm Parts Inspection

Ref:https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/marushin-mp40-f16/marushin-mp40-basic-troubleshooting-guide-t1159.htm
Troubleshooting Guide

Ref: https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/beginner-s-guides-tocartridges-f15/cleaning-and-preparing-fired-cartridges-t931.htm Clean'&Prep'ing Cartridges

Ref:https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/beginner-s-guides-tocartridges-f15/loading-marushin-9mm-mp40-uzi-cartridges-t922.htm Loading Marushin MP40 Cartridges

Cerwyn

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

Last edited by Cerwyn on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:07 pm; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : images converted to servimg)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

Number of posts : 100
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi
I have made a video type strip down of this weapon
the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBEDU7wrEoU

I also have 3 videos of putting them together from scratch if anyone would like to see them
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Good idea with videos, they make it so much easier to understand what's going on :-)
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Hi
Thanks Smootik do you think it was ok?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:40 pm

Yup, it's ok :-)

After watching it a few more times, I would probably add a few more comments to make things clear for a first-timer. For example that the part holding receiver together needs to be not only pulled (you use screwdriver) but also twisted - it happens off-camera and can't be noticed. Same thing happens when you put spring back in bolt, it's a bit off camera and there is no description.
I've noticed also that when you hold parts closer to camera, they are out of focus. I think you can safely hold them a bit further - it should be still very visible, but kept in focus.

Please continue! While I am somewhat capable of taking pictures and writing in a broken English, videos are another story :-)
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi
Ok I will had these bits in. I used a screwdriver because i can get a good grip on it and it shows it better.

Right ok the camera isn't all that good but it does to job.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Screwdriver is a good pointer indeed :-) I didn't mean problem using screwdriver, but the later bit, when you twist this knob just out of frame.

Camera does a very good job (or rather you do, using the camera)! Image is quite clear and sharp, with exception of closeups.

Don't take this all as a harsh critic, I'm just picking on details. I wish I had your Marushin M712 video before I attempted taking down mine. I'm sure many people will find your videos useful and practical.
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 pm

HI

Quote :
Don't take this all as a harsh critic,

No i like to now what people think.

I did have 3 other Mauser videos you may have seen them. I have remade them now to this full version.

Quote :
Cam era does a very good job (or rather you do, using the camera)! Image is quite clear and sharp, with exception of closeups. I'm sure many people will find your videos useful and practical.

Thank You Exclamation

The Mauser is a very complex weapon as i found when i first got it. Did you bulid from kit?

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:47 am

I have an assembled one, so unfortunately I did not learn assembly building it from kit.
In this regard kits are better for education :-)
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am

HI
Mine was a kit it was my first model. Kits are also better for you wallet as well.
My MP40 was a kit aswell.

I have edited the MP40 video and it now says (Also you need to twist while it's pulled down.) or it should do.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 6:15 pm

photos updated with Servimg

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 pm

More photos and text added

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide   Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin MP40 Basic Strip Down & Cleaning Guide
Page 1 of 1