MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...

Go down 
+2
akazz
Cerwyn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Empty
PostSubject: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Mark

Recently, I bought this:
Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... MarushinUziearly002
Its early zinc/steel Marushin Uzi that I purchased from Banjoe. This is a strange modelgun, as several features are very interesting to say the least.
Note the barrel:
Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... MarushinUziearly006
It looks somewhat different eh? No bypass...
Barrel removed:
Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... MarushinUziearly015
Then the bolt:
Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... MarushinUziearly008
Its a cast steel Shocked one piece assy! (No, that's not a crack near the extractor its a scratch.)
Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... MarushinUziearly009
The Barrel is One piece Shocked
Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... MarushinUziearly011
The back half of the barrel, is steel that is pressed? into the cast zinc front half. The detonator (paper cap) looks like it threads into the chamber. At this point, I don't know if it does or not. The barrel doesn't pass the "blow through" test so, I think that its a closed barrel model unless the detonator is blocking the holes..
Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... MarushinUziearly012
The chamber end with the detonator. Again, I think that the detonator threads into the chamber.
The magazine:
Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... MarushinUziearly010
This is a rather strange Marushin Uzi magazine with a liner in it Exclamation that certainally cuts down on its capacity..I think (but since I don't have a real Uzi magazine) that it is a full size magazine in that I can replace it with a real Uzi magazine without needing to fit or file it to fit the magazine well. Also, I tried fitting the later Marushin Uzi magazine in the early magazine well and it was really loose..And the early magazine won't even try to fit the later magazine well..Way too tight...
The later Marushin Uzi with the stamped steel lower must have a slightly smaller magazine well as it seems to accept the later Marushin Uzi magazines. (at least as far as I can tell in the pictues)

Anyway, it is a very early modelgun as far as I can determine. How early? I really don't know at this time. If I where to guess, I would say mid to late 1968? The fact that it has a fully removeable barrel is suprising as well as the cast steel bolt assy. Of note: the trigger, sear and other smaller parts are cast or stamped steel. This Marushin Uzi is ment to take some heavy duty play time action!
Also, this has some really different features compared to the later Marushin Uzi like the separately cast rear sight assy that "bolts"on the receiver. That, and the color/weight etc. that make this a different modelgun.

Refer to https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/interesting-early-marushin-uzi-t280.htm for continuing discussion...
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:29 pm

this looks like one of the versions i have do you have better pictures of the bolt i have the later version aswell and was just going to copy that but its not compatable without mods
Back to top Go down
greatgun

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : Japan
Registration date : 2012-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 5:12 pm

This is a very rare first version of Marushin Uzi.
How to tell if it's a first version model:
- Stamp on the left rear side of the receiver: S.M.G. Uzi 9mm
- One piece barrel without gas bipass (steel part and zinc part casted in one piece)
- One piece steel cast bolt
- Steel grip
-Steel barrel nut catch

Cerwyn, MadMike, Browning and JohnnyV like this post

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Thank you very much for this info, mate! Welcome on the forum, too!
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2020 2:47 am

Also to add...........the rear sight attachment is another identifying feature.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2020 7:12 pm

i have one of these
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2020 12:11 pm

I have one of these too, converted to fire MGC P220 cartridges which it fires very well.

I have another also, bought in poor condition for spare parts. This one has the original steel bolt carrier but no provision for a bolt, obviously a non-firing display model.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...   Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin UZI... Interesting Early Version...
Page 1 of 1