MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full auto wanted

Go down 
+3
Fight Designer
Cerwyn
ricks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ricks
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 23
Location / Country : Pennsylvania, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:44 pm

Has anyone heard of any full auto pieces that are relatively new & available in the US? I have a Jackal, an ASI Uzi & a Schoessler's Sten so far.

I've shot the ASI & it's a lot of fun. Some day I hope to break out the others.

Thanks in advance...
Rick
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi Rick,

Schoessler still has the PPSh41 and MP40 to drool over.

Don't know of anything else though that's available to the Public. I'd go for a Browning .30 Cal or an MG42 given the chance Twisted Evil , but there's no chance really Rolling Eyes

Cerwyn

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Don't know of any others that have cleared BATF yet and are being imported, no.
Bunch of others being made in Turkey now, though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 55
Location / Country : Newcastle, UK
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:14 pm

As an aside, the BATF approval letter on Schoessler's Supply Room shows that the law on BF's not being 'readily convertible' is similar in the US to the UK. I have contacted them to simly ask for their consideration re: the matter of supplying their models to the UK market (after satisfying UK laws and submitting samples of course). It would be great to have those available over here for those of us with VCRA exemptions. Let's see what the reply will be.
Back to top Go down
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Well I never received a reply. Shame really. As an aside, does anyone know of a UK-based gunsmith who would be prepared to custom-build a blank-firing only, select -fire MP5? I know it woul not be cheap, but I am willing to look inot the matter seriously, as due to the nature of some of things I am involved in, I hold VCRA exemption.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:36 pm

Was that strange "Blow" blank firing MP5...ish... thing ever approved in the UK?
Back to top Go down
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:45 am

I'm not sure if it was ever 'approved' as such. I know they were certainly for sale in limited places, but are no longer seen. I considered getting one at the time but as they are not faithful replicas decided against it.

Does anyone remember the blank firing-only MP5 that the now-defunct BADB had for sale at £2500? Does anyone know who bought it?
Back to top Go down
bob
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
bob

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : norfolk

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: voltran BLOW mp5   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:21 pm

i know that these still come up for sale on milweb, but the police where looking to recover all of them, i had one
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:21 pm

I contacted schoesslers a couple of years ago and did get a reply, basically he was happy to sell one to me for me then to get through customs and get it UK approved, cant really blame him on that as i was doing it as an individual but as i had no idea how to go about getting them approved i never went ahead. i would think that these would be perfectly acceptable over here and would pass any tests seeing as it is a backward firing system.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:30 pm

I agree, I think in a strange reversal of the usual norm, the UK actually is more liberal regarding full auto blank firers.

Chuck Ducastel at Schoesslers is very nice guy by the way, unfortunately with a change in law coming I'm not spending money on blank guns, but the other type.

If anyone works out how to convert the Bruni 8mm or 9mm Glock BF to full auto please put a guide up, or let me know, you will have a customer, I'd love to have a couple of those in the next picture.

JJ
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:02 am

There was someone who used to sell a device that attached to the rear end of a real Glock to make it select fire... not sure if that's still out there, or if there's any chance it'd work on the Brunis. I'd be curious as well- I've not got 9 of those, in various sizes, colors, and top/front venting.

I'm still jealous of a certain someone who has a front-venting Jackal now... which could also mean potentially a front venting Asi.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 4:44 pm

The device you're talking about is still available but it's for real Glocks and it's a class three item, and will turn your semi Glock into a post 1986 dealer sample machine gun. Police agencies and licensed dealers are the only ones who can own it as far as I know.
Interesting link and video.
http://www.masscops.com/forums/equipment/2270-select-fire-glock.html

I think you and I have discussed that the appeal of the BF only replicas in FA is that we can legally get full auto for our work without dealing with the permits, paperwork, extra expense associated with the licensed handler and machine gun rental.

I think a BF glock replica would have to be a home mechanics project, as the semi is a non-gun, so would be the full, but someone should probably do some legal research here, too?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:08 am

That type of device works on the wa shan glock but not on the Bruni glock, which is a great pity as i wanted to turn my bruni to full auto with that great little device.
Back to top Go down
GZ22
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:18 am

bob wrote:
i know that these still come up for sale on milweb, but the police where looking to recover all of them, i had one

Ah, I see. Another case of 'readily convertible' then. That's a shame. If I see one, then I shall steer clear of it then. Even though it would be very nice to have one, there's no point in spending money on one if I have to surrender it. Mad

Does anyone know if Steve Pearson would be prepared to custom build an select-fire blank-firing-only MP5? I believe he had a patented gas venting system and his work was HO approved. WOn;t be cheap, but worth every penny though. I have the legal entitlement to hold one too.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:19 am

Yeah, not sure how much is about intent of manufacturer and how much is about intent in terms of use- for example, that Glock adapter is probably considered a controlled device because of its intent, but I've also heard of cases in which a shoestring was designated the illegal device because it was used to make something full auto.

On an only peripherally related note, I wonder how hard (and expensive) it'd be, both legally and logistically, to get drop-in front venting barrels for models most readily available here as top venting?
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 2:09 am

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=127494184

Hmm, good luck trying to buy this on you .03 C&R permit, lol.

Glock select-fire conversion - Post sample
BTW. I believe, this device was designed after 1986, so there are no civilian legally transferable ones (even with permit) in the US.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Full auto wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full auto wanted   Full auto wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Full auto wanted
Page 1 of 1