MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin XM177E2 Kit Build problem/question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mogear
mogear

Number of posts : 11
Location / Country : Michigan/USA
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Marushin XM177E2 Kit Build problem/question Empty
PostSubject: Marushin XM177E2 Kit Build problem/question   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Build problem/question Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:47 pm

I am building my first Marushin XM177E2 kit and have run into a problem with the threads on the barrel pieces.
In fact, I broke off a piece of the barrel that was screwed into the front sight post.
I am looking for two replacment pieces from forum member "Shazhib" to fix this problem. (inner barrel and front sight post pices)
The threads on the barrel pieces seem to not want to work together.

Does anyone have some wisdom to share on this point?

I have read about experiences of other forum members, but does anyone have any additional words of wisdom on building this particular kit Model Gun that might save time/frustration?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin XM177E2 Kit Build problem/question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin XM177E2 Kit Build problem/question   Marushin XM177E2 Kit Build problem/question Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi mogear,

I well remember the problems I had trying to screw the butt stock tube into the reciever thanks to miss-matched threads from the factory Rolling Eyes
You mention you've read the other tales of woe on here (and there's plenty of them Exclamation )

The last thread in this category has a kit build guide, it's in Japanese more's the pity, but the photo's are pretty much self explanetory.

Ensuring that all moulding flash, casting marks, rough edges etc is essential to ensure good fit and friction less mechanicals. Polishing the bolt and carrier to minimise friction is also a good tip.

Check out the series of videos I posted links for, a Japanese enthusiast known as "Lucifer" has posted up some interesting videos showing his modifications and customised work. The script's all Japanese but you might glean some help from his photos.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Marushin XM177E2 Kit Build problem/question
Page 1 of 1