MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin M92SB released!

Go down 
+2
smootik
jim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Marushin M92SB released! Empty
PostSubject: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 pm

Marushin M92SB released! M92SB01-1
Marushin M92SB released! M92SB02-2
Marushin M92SB released! M92SB03-1

Although this comes without any reference to Beretta - but no doubt I'll get one anyway - simply buff off the marking on the left for restamping then fit it with the Pachmayr grips Very Happy ...

It is the box that worries me...as simple as their HW MP40...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:45 pm

Oh no, yet another Beretta!
Just a few variants more, and there will be as many Beretta as 1911 models Wink

Jim, why does the packaging worries you?
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:38 pm

mate,

Tanaka is going to release current ABS Beretta M9 in HW.
Yap, another Beretta.

Shoei is going to reproduce FG42 early version soon...am sure it is going to be expensive...

Shaz,
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:10 am

smootik wrote:
Jim, why does the packaging worries you?

From what I reckon - this means that the economy (whether it's Japan or Marushin) isn't looking good (usually Japanese tend to spend big on packagings - when I was in Tokyo travelling back in the 80s the department stores delivered the best wrappings ever - even though the boxes of the products were already good enough).

I think I've mentioned here before that I enjoy collecting nice Japanese gun boxes (model car boxes such as Tomica as well) very much - it all became history now because of Japan's economic woe...

Worse - I'm afraid that this "reinvention" of their modelgun/airsoft hybrid is their last straw in order to revive their business (for example like what MGC did back in the mid-90s by releasing whatever variants possible before their eventual fall / JAC tried to enter the AEG market by releasing their Electric Steyr AUG and "died" miserably).

Or maybe I'm thinking too much... Neutral

shazhib wrote:
Tanaka is going to release current ABS Beretta M9 in HW...

I have problems with the muzzle...supposed they release their M9 in 9mm but it seems they made it like a .40 S&W (noted the extremely thin barrel wall - only slightly better than Hwa San's) - I really think Tanaka have to do something about this if they want better sales figure...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also - If possible I really want to get at least a pair of genuine M92SB plastic grips (no thumb rest as seen on the pics above - excellent condition will do) - but I won't expect too much because this is something from the 80s...
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 am

shazhib wrote:

Shoei is going to reproduce FG42 early version soon...am sure it is going to be expensive...
In Europe price is set to 1250 EUR + shipping (from their German distributor).
However due to rising costs a decision was made that replica will be delivered without sling and dummy cartridges.
At least you can get both sling (standard German) and deactivated Mauser 7.92x57 cartridges from other sources.
If I understood correctly, Shoei will produce just enough for reservations and forecasted sales, not a large run.
It should be completed in about month or so.
Oh, and it is non-firing model Sad

jim wrote:

this means that the economy ... isn't looking good
I see now... :-/ I think your reasoning makes sense.
Interesting that some modelgun boxes (Shoei, CAW, CNC, older MGC) are also cardboard only, with some printed text.
Marushin as well as airsoft makers make much flashier boxes. Chinese ones seem to be made from cardboard, too.
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 am

Interesting note regarding the cheap boxes, i'd never thought of it as an indication of an eventual bad economic situation.

I must say that if i could pay 1250 Euro for an FG 42 it is tempting...

I just have too many modelguns to buy first though, Thompson M1, MP-44, full-metal MP-40 etc. it's a long list Smile
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:23 am

My email from Tomio at Shoei:
Dear Jesse,

Thank you for your interestin our FG42 Type 1 model.

When you purchase a model directly from our company, please reserve to this model first. A deposit is unnecessary.
We request remittance from you, when a model is completed. (Payment: A credit card is not acceptable. Please make bank transfer.)
As soon as we receive your remittance, we ship a model by EMS* arrangements.

The price is as follows.

FG42 Type 1 120,000JPY 1,249.74USD
EMS* charge 10,700JPY 111.44USD
Total C & F CA : 130,700JPY 1361.18USD**

Note:
*Shipment will be made by an airmail called "EMS" (Express Mail Service) which is a door-to-door service provided by Japan Post Office.Payment
**The price in US dollar is based on a conversion rate of 1.00USD = 96.02JPY as of July 4, 2009.

I hope that the above info will meet your current requirements.
If you have any questions or need further info, please feel free to contact me any time.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

Greetings from Japan.
Best regards,

Tomio
Shoei Seisakusho Inc., Japan
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 4:59 pm

Jim,

I know what you mean about the muzzle of Tanaka M9. That is the first thing I notice when I saw it....pity...

How much 1250EUR in USD now?

I think 120,000 is the price for Shoei. Don't think it will sell fast.

shaz,
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 5:37 pm

shazhib wrote:

How much 1250EUR in USD now?

I think 120,000 is the price for Shoei. Don't think it will sell fast.

shaz,

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 8:30 pm

This M92SB still unavailable in HK...might have to wait a bit longer (shops in HK usually rely on wholesalers instead of independent import - apart from Den Trinity in which they will get the first batch through flight for the "rich & eagered" and sometimes salesmen samples as well).

For this rounded trigger-guard Beretta 92...maybe there are already too many Berettas around (can still see quite a lot of Tanaka's Berettas still in stock) so they have to wait and see... Sad

Anyway I'd already owned the Suzuki M92SB (bought from that UNCLE shop in Tokyo) so I can wait...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin M92SB released!   Marushin M92SB released! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin M92SB released!
Page 1 of 1