MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38

Go down 
+4
JohnnyV
8ace
kickback
jim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Empty
PostSubject: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00043

After my last post regarding the dummy Hi-Power MK III I got several more different dummy guns over the months...and first here is a Walther P38 Commercial...
Back to top Go down
kickback
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
kickback

Number of posts : 338
Location / Country : UK.Cambridgeshire
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:06 pm

oooohhh more pictures please Surprised Surprised

Kickback
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:54 pm

Is the square bar sticking out of the breech face to stop cycling rounds throught it Question
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:29 pm

I think that bar is the ejector?
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:10 am

No the bar is a copy of what is on a real P.38 to show when a round is chambered ...it sticks the other end out just above the firing pin so you can see there is one ready to go Very Happy

DOC
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 9:34 am

DOC wrote:
No the bar is a copy of what is on a real P.38 to show when a round is chambered ...it sticks the other end out just above the firing pin so you can see there is one ready to go Very Happy
Compare with Marushin, who made it round not square:
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 P38-in10

I wonder if that dummy model could be used with Marushin internals to make a metal PFC model (not in HK of course). Probably too many differences and too much work on modifications.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:56 am

DOC wrote:

Yes Doc's correct - and I reckon Walther came up with this first and the same goes for their PPK as well (have to get it out and have a look tonight). Their P99 "moderised" this feature by having the firing pin acts as the chamber indicator at the same time...

This thing can cycle real-sized dummy rounds and interestingly the ejector locates on the left instead of the right (don't know why P38 have to be made this way Question ) - as a full-steel 1:1 replica, if the firing pin is in place with the bore drilled - it can fire hundreds of live rounds to say the least - and to answer smootik's question: pfc caps will not be powerful enough to do it Very Happy

OK more pics:

Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00037
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00038
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00039
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00040
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00041
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00042
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00044
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00045
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 DSC00047

A very faithfully made replica isn't it...? I'll take another clearer photo showing the stamping on the left very soon (as always I'm in my goddamn China office right now)...
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:59 pm

It is fantastic, i want one!!!
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Um...........what is it what is blackened out on a couple of the photos?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:44 pm

The serial number that is...I've think more about it after I saw your question: what's the point in blackening out the fake serial number - this is a fake gun anyway Laughing !

The Walther P38 means quite a lot to me: my first ever toy gun is a Japanese made IMAI P38 BB Springer (HKD $33.00) back in X'mas 1990...it was only 2/3 the size of a real P38...

After the X'mas holiday I brought it back to Sydney (at that time a toy gun would only be regarded as a toy AND not a gun) and I broke the trigger 2 months later (after extensive trigger pulls) Wink

Another reason to get this P38 - the introduction of Beretta M92 was actually inspired by P38 (in terms of delayed blowback system/safety - decocking lever/the barrel "exposed" instead of being covered by the slide) and I'm a huge fan of Beretta M92 series...

However this dummy cost a lot more than the real steel...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am

Yes the chamber indicator pin also featured on the PPK (the one in silver)...

Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 PPK01
Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 PPK02

And a clearer picture on the left of the P38...

Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 P38Stamping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38   Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hong Kong made dummy Walther P38
Page 1 of 1