MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deleting SOLD items

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Deleting SOLD items Empty
PostSubject: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Thought I'd start tidying up the categories, starting with deleting the "SOLD" and "FOUND" adverts.

Before doing so, would there be any objection to my copying photographs of certain models for use in Photo Galleries here pleaseDeleting SOLD items Icon_question

Also, if there are any particular photos you wish to save for your own files, then please do so soon.

If I started cleaning up in a couple of weeks, let's say 1st November, that should give us all enough time Deleting SOLD items Icon_question

Thanks

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
Thought I'd start tidying up the categories, starting with deleting the "SOLD" and "FOUND" adverts.
Cerwyn,

Would it make sense to move these to a separate section?
Then they would not litter other sections, but information (photos, descriptions) would be saved for reference.
I find myself looking through old posts from time to time - to see if a replica is popular, obtainable, what variants are out there etc.

If deletion is due to forum running out of space or other administrative reason, it's a different story.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:31 pm

That's an idea Deleting SOLD items Icon_idea , thanks smootik

I've started copying & pasting some photos, Marushin UZI, MGC MP40 e.g. as there are dedicated Photo Galleries here for the more popular and rare models.

There's no shortage of space (at the moment at least) so there's no panic to create any.

I'm a little hesitant about creating too many seperate categories, keeping it as simple as possible makes it easier to find information instead of scrolling through page after page of categories like some sites I've seen.
I wonder sometimes if I've already created too many Deleting SOLD items Icon_scratch

Might be easier leaving everything well alone, what does everybody else think Deleting SOLD items Icon_question

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Cerwyn wrote:

I'm a little hesitant about creating too many seperate categories, keeping it as simple as possible makes it easier to find information instead of scrolling through page after page of categories like some sites I've seen.
I wonder sometimes if I've already created too many Deleting SOLD items Icon_scratch
As for me - not too many. Sometimes a post can go to multiple categories ("should I post about cartridge problem in problem, or cartridge, or cartridge cleaning section?), but it's not an issue. I think we use a few main categories quite effectively, and you, Cerwyn, create links or duplicate posts into more specific section as required (like photos or troubleshooting).
In "Sale" section it would be good to know which ones are still active, and which are done. "SOLD" is a good mark, but it is not easy to just scan section and see what is still available (I guess that's why after update some old posted items got sold very quickly). That's what gave me an idea to make a separate subsection for "completed" sales - that IMVHO should be better than not doing anything. Just one extra subsection should be enough here, I don't think other sections need such a cleaning.

Awaiting other opinions :-)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:10 am

smootik wrote:
....In "Sale" section it would be good to know which ones are still active, and which are done. "SOLD" is a good mark, but it is not easy to just scan section and see what is still available (I guess that's why after update some old posted items got sold very quickly). That's what gave me an idea to make a separate subsection for "completed" sales -

That makes good sense, items still available or wanted would be easier to find. That's the main reason I was thinking of deleting completed sales but, as you say smootik, a "completed" section would store photos descriptions, unusual itms for future reference.
Thanks for your thoughts and ideas Deleting SOLD items Icon_wink

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:43 pm

I go with that. Please delete closed transactions. If the model is rare or the photos are very good, post them in another section to safe the information. If it is a common model or the pictures are of mediocre quality, feel free to delete the posts.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Thanks 'Mike.

I've been copying & pasting some photos to relevant slots as well as starting up a Completed Deals section.
We'll see how things look again in a few months' time.

Thanks for your thoughts mate Deleting SOLD items Icon_wink

Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:59 pm

We are the ones to say thank you for keeping this forum running and tidy. I really appreciate all your work and efforts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deleting SOLD items   Deleting SOLD items Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deleting SOLD items
Page 1 of 1