MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge?   Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Knowing how easily the 5mm 0-rings peel off the piston in Tanaka's standard cartridges, is there an alternative MGC, KSC, or other cartridge that can be used with little or no modification please Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_question

Thanks

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge?   Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Cerwyn,

I assume there was a conversion kit by Mulberryfield, to make firing Tanaka Sig with KSC/MGC 9mm CP-HW, the kit comes with det pin, recoil sp and 5 or 6 rounds, cost around 5-6,000JPY, but do not know if that is still available.

Regards,

K
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge?   Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:15 pm

Hello K, Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_wink

Thank you for your help Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_exclaim This particular gun belongs to a friend of mine and he's already discovered that the small 5mm 0-ring used in Tanaka's cartridge peels away from it's groove almost EVERY time it fires.

A cartridge using a 7mm cap, piston and 0-ring sounds a much better idea. KSC / MGC 9mm C.P.-HW should be perfect.
MulberryField would have supplied their 9mm Real Look cartridge I guess... would they be the Luger type Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_question
I'm certain he'll be interested in this conversion. If the kit is no longer available, can you advise why a different recoil spring is in the kit please Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_question
Cartridges and a Det. pin should be easy enough to find but a spring could prove more difficult if it's necessary.

Thank you again K,

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge?   Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:14 pm

Cerwyn, i had the mulberry field conversion kit and it never worked the rounds were to long for a start and the slide never went fully home, tried a few things with the kit and it was never succseful so went back to tanaka rounds even though the seal is a pain. never tried other 9mm rounds in though with an adjusted det oin so there may be something that will work but in my experiance not the conversion kit.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge?   Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:06 pm

claymore wrote:
Cerwyn, i had the mulberry field conversion kit and it never worked the rounds were to long for a start and the slide never went fully home, tried a few things with the kit and it was never succseful so went back to tanaka rounds even though the seal is a pain. never tried other 9mm rounds in though with an adjusted det oin so there may be something that will work but in my experiance not the conversion kit.

Thank you Claymore, that's worth knowing and will save spending good money needlessly Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_wink

Another worry I've got is Tanaka's reputation from breaking easily... I understand that both 5mm and 7mm caps contain the same amount of "powder" BUT would a cartridge using a 7mm cap be too powerful for Tanaka's fragile model Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_question
The Mulberry conversion contains a new Recoil Spring... is that a stronger spring to handle stronger blowback Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_question

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge?   Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka Sig Sauer P226 ... Alternative Cartridge?
Page 1 of 1