MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

Number of posts : 100
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Empty
PostSubject: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi
This is a review of my Mauser M712

1 Look
Quite plasticity and shiny fully stamped plastic real wood look a like grips sights metal and marked with 50-1000M .

2 Feel
Heavy-ish at the grips the grip. ABS feels smooth and flimsy. Metal trigger feels like the real deal.

3 Firing
Super at firing
jammed with a 20 round magazine so will stick to 10 round mags.
Marushin 7mm Caps they were fine good to use.
MG 7mm Caps alright but not as good as the Marushin types.

4 All together rating
7/10

[img]Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Sdc10211[/img]

Last edited by Jakes-model-guns on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding an image)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks for your review Jake.

You built this kit yourself didn't you Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_question How easy or difficult was the kit to put together Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_question

Interesting to read you have jam problems with the 20rd mag... it could be worth your time checking and comparing the feed lips of the 20rd against the 10rd type. You might find the 20rd mags' feed lips slightly bent or not quite in line.
Any sharp edges or burrs on the lips can cause feed problems so a bit of abrasive paper (Emery) should smooth those up for you.
Wouldn't do any harm to strip the magazine, clean the inside, smooth any rough spots the re-assemble with a little oil.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:29 am

Hi
I brought it as a kit for WWII guns it was damn well hard it still not right now Crying or Very sad
I had a look the lips look the same that's after a few rounds when i first got it the lips were smaller on the 20rnd mag
i think feeling the lips i will get some of that emery paper you said about.
i striped them down a while ago a gave good oil up.

Thanks
Jake
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:55 am

Try loading the 20rd mag with 10, then 15, then 18 cartridges rather than 20. See if that helps.
It's not uncommon to find large capacity mags will jam if filled to the max. Even real guns suffer this problem.
The Sten magazines, for instance, although designed to hold 30 cartridges would often jam so soldiers soon found they worked better with 28 as a maximum.

Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi
I filled it then using a screw driver ejected the rounds after 5 rounds the spring as not got enough strength to push the rest of the carts up to he lips.

I read about that they did it with the Bren gun as well.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:08 pm

You should really be able to push each cartridge out of the mag with your thumb and a bit of pressure.
If you've got to really shove hard or lever them out with a screwdriver it sounds like there's something not quite right with that mag.

If it'll only feed 5 of the 20, you say the spring won't push the rest up Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_question It must be sticking part way up Jake.
Try taking it apart again, check the follower for sharp edges or burrs. Make sure it's in the right way around too.

Make sure the spring hasn't broken, they don't break often, but they can snap or get bent out of shape.

One easy mistake if you've had both mags stripped at the same time... you didn't put the shorter 10rd mag spring into the 20rd did you Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_question

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:14 pm

I have also notice the follower sticking in the 20rnd mags but i haven't looked at it in any detail yet
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi
I ca but i cut my self so it makes it harder.
Well i broke out the file did some filing and now tried cycling with a full magazine it's fine so far i will get some more caps and fire a full mag and see what happens.

The spring is fine looks ok when opens the mag it fires out.

lol! it would take a real dummy to do that you can see that one is long and one is shorter.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Jakes-model-guns wrote:
Hi
I ca but i cut my self so it makes it harder.
Well i broke out the file did some filing and now tried cycling with a full magazine it's fine so far i will get some more caps and fire a full mag and see what happens.

The spring is fine looks ok when opens the mag it fires out.

lol! it would take a real dummy to do that you can see that one is long and one is shorter.

glad you're getting somewhere now, and yep, it would take a dummy to mix them up Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Lol

Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi
Just did it again and there was no stopping but the spring got weaker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)   Mauser M712 Budget Model  (Kit Type) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mauser M712 Budget Model (Kit Type)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: Modelgun Reviews-
Jump to: