MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhodri

Number of posts : 20
Location / Country : England
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Empty
PostSubject: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Hello
I ordered a airsoft rifle from Den Trinity Shop it arrived in the country last friday but since then it has been stuck in customs. I rang parcel force but they can't do anything about it because customs have the package and they have no control over the package once it's in customs. Has anybody had problems importing in to the UK and what is the best action to take. This is my first time importing from Hong Kong but have imported from other countrys but have never had this happen. The tracking detail are

05-02-2010
19:17
International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
05-02-2010
International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES
05-02-2010
International Hub Arrived in destination country
04-02-2010
19:48
Delivery Agent - HONG KONG - PTT Left origin country
03-02-2010
18:35
Delivery Agent - HONG KONG Collected from customer
It been there nearly 6 days. If anybody can help me it would be much appreciated

Rhodri
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi Rhodri,
YES!! All the bl*$"y time HK and USA are worst lines through customs.
Paper work with packages is often NOT read by Customs for some odd reason!!!
There are two possibilities,

1) If its not opened and not labled as a Gun AND you are lucky, they are just working out the VAT/duty to charge you.
If this is the case it can take upto 8ish days to clear, then it will be sent to your local del depot and a bill sent out to you. Once you see it has gone to the depot,
a) you can ring them and pay the VAT/duty by phone and it will then be delivered to you.
b) If you do not ring they will write to you and send bill, you pay and it gets delivered. fastest way is (a).

2) They may see it is a Gun and detain it. You will then recive a "Notice of detention for imported goods" by post from the
UK Border Agency post detection team at Coventry International hub (they must post this within 5 days of detention). This will require you to submit your reason / VCRA defence for the import of the said items along with purchase invoice (form C160). (you have 14 days to do this)
Then if all OK they have upto 20 days to process and release the items to courier for delivery.
If not all OK they will seize the items and ?????the rest is up to them.

Good luck
Johnny
Back to top Go down
Rhodri

PostSubject: Re: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Thank for your reply Johnny

Regards Rhodri
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Rhodri

I've had the same issue, but received my parcel after 3 or 4 days at Customs. Once the parcel's tracked as leaving Customs and on it's way to the Delivery Depot, you'll receive a card through the post from the Courier (or a letter in the post) asking for the VAT, Duty and their Admin Charges to be paid before they'll deliver.
You can make payment on-line (as I did) It's no problem really, just standard practice.

JohnnyV has explained the other possibilities so there's no need to repeat them. Just make sure you've got your Re-enactor Group or Airsoft Skirmish site details ready as Customs may well ask for them all if they've identified your parcel as a Replica Gun.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Spencer-Man
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
Spencer-Man

Number of posts : 47
Location / Country : Brighton, England
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 12:06 am

Let us know how you get on. The first time that I imported it was held by customs for about three weeks before it was cleared. Now they seem to clear much faster. A tip that someone gave to me with reguards to guns and importing, it will get detained by customs, so you will get charged for any duty as it wont slip through. Apparently, and I say that as I have yet to try this myself, but apparently you can pay the duty on the item before it arrives if you know the value, and therefor avoid the £11.00 charge that parcelforce apply for the privaledge of paying it on your behalf. Next time I import I will definately try this. It will also no doubt speed up the customs clearence, and you will not have to wait the extra two days or so while parcelforce send you the card to tell you how much you need to pay them before they deliver your parcel.
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:21 pm

I have had these problems with imports from the US and HK .

I imported a Makarov metal model from the US purely as local shops don,t stock them ,and that they cost less than HALF UK prices !!

Even with duties paid I reckoned I could not lose . clown

It got stopped at customs and after lengthy and time consuming communications the bottom line was I would have to go to court and PROVE that my item was UK legal !!

If I won - I got my gun - minus Court / Solicitor costs . If I lost then I got to pay their Court fees as well as mine !!!!!!

Prior to the VCR I imported stuff all the time . Now its all over .

To do so is to be taking a very big risk . I shall not be doing so again .

Carl. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rhodri

PostSubject: Re: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Hi sorry for the late reply Things have been a bit mad in my world at the moment. I have had a few family problems so my mind has been occupied, because of this I forgot to send the paper work in time and would of had to go to court to get it back and had more important things to deal with. Finaly thing are good at home.
Special thanks to Miki Nakamure at Tokyo Toy Distribution also WWii Guns who manage to source me a new one. Once it was dispatched I email customs at coventry with a copy of my reenacting membership, contacts to prove my membership and a copy of the sale receipt along with the ems tracking number. It took a week and a half then they phoned me to say it had cleared. I now have my Marushin M1 Garand and very nice it is too I will be posting a review soon so watch this space.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Finally eh Rhodri? I'll bet you're more than a little relieved it's finally got to you.

Goes to show too that having the correct paperwork and exemption from the VCRA can, and does work.
If you hadn't got your Reenactors status, PLI docs etc then Customs would have siezed your Garand, never to be seen again and you may have got that "knock on the door"
Keeping it Legal works, everybody's happy

I'm looking forwards to your Review, is it as good as it looks?....

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before   Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parcel stuck in customs! Has anybody had this problem before
Page 1 of 1