MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New guy on the block with an urgent question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wiking

Number of posts : 4
Location / Country : Land of the Vikings!
Registration date : 2010-06-11

New guy on the block with an urgent question Empty
PostSubject: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you if it's possible to convert a fully automatic blank firing mgc68 MP 40 into semi auto only? It currently uses 9mm blanks.

If it is possible, I would like to know if one can make the conversion permanent?

Many thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Wiking,

Sadly i don't think it's possable to convert it to semi auto as it only has very simple trigger assy. The MP41 did have selective fire but i'm sure a 41 lower receiver won't fit a 40

Regards

8Ace
Back to top Go down
Wiking

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi 8Ace,

Thank you for your reply. Smile

Do you know how it worked on the 41?

BR,

Wiking
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:07 pm

I did a bit on the Marushin 41 which has a sprung loaded two piece trigger bar that isn't fixed at the trigger end. The lower receiver has a selector switch which lifts the trigger bar off the trigger catch resetting it for the next shot.

Sorry for the poor description but it's a long time since I’ve looked at one and also the information in the web for the 41 is very thin No

Also I’m going to move this to the blank firing section Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wiking

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Thank you any ways. Smile
Your info did help me.
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:03 am

Yes it is

you have to reconfigure the MP40 trigger bar and sear so it has the mechanism the same as a sten would have to re-set the sear.

its difficult but nothings that hard when you put your mind to it Very Happy and it can be easily fitted within the MGC lower frame.

as to whether you could make it permanent ..... on all steel guns/replicas... permanent is difficult to determine as anything of steel construction can be cut/welded/altered.

DOC
Back to top Go down
Wiking

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:55 pm

DOC wrote:
Yes it is

you have to reconfigure the MP40 trigger bar and sear so it has the mechanism the same as a sten would have to re-set the sear.

its difficult but nothings that hard when you put your mind to it Very Happy and it can be easily fitted within the MGC lower frame.

as to whether you could make it permanent ..... on all steel guns/replicas... permanent is difficult to determine as anything of steel construction can be cut/welded/altered.

DOC

Thank you so much for this information! I will now try to make it semi-auto and hopefully it'll work. Smile

Wiking
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:18 am

Well this will help.

You will have to fit a small spring to re set the sear in the up position after each forward travel of the bolt but once you have the parts laid out it should look straightforward.

New guy on the block with an urgent question Semi

DOC
Back to top Go down
megamicrofish
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 137
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm just curious as to why you want to do this Question
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Id speculate that he is no longer able to own a full auto BF ( possibly because of changes in the law) and semi auto conversion is better than getting rid.

DOC
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:11 am

Sorry wiking, i stand corrected Embarassed

Doc, is it an offical conversion for the 40s from WW2 Question or is it a later one to comply with firearm laws

8ace
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi 8Ace

The principle I knew about before but the drawing is actually of the BD38 that is produced in Germany now
(its only permitted in semi auto )

DOC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy on the block with an urgent question   New guy on the block with an urgent question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy on the block with an urgent question
Page 1 of 1