MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Take down bolt and spring tube assembly

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vernonsmith

Number of posts : 30
Location / Country : Texas
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Take down bolt and spring tube assembly Empty
PostSubject: Take down bolt and spring tube assembly   Take down bolt and spring tube assembly Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 3:04 am

Does anyone know how to separate the bolt and the telescopic recoil tube of the MGC 68 MP40? Mine seems to be welded together and no way to take them off?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Take down bolt and spring tube assembly   Take down bolt and spring tube assembly Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:59 am

It's usually a very tight push fit that can take some force to separate them. I use a copper/hide (soft) hammer to tap off the bolt from the tube making sure I don't hit the cocking handle as I'm not sure these will take too much hammering.

8ace
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 619
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Take down bolt and spring tube assembly   Take down bolt and spring tube assembly Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:46 pm

I have this issue, too, I have never stripped it for this reason, the bluing is so nice that i don't want to be the reason for it getting damaged. Interesting to hear someone else has the same or similar problem.
JJ
Back to top Go down
FJ AWAY
FJ AWAY

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Adelaide South Australia
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Take down bolt and spring tube assembly   Take down bolt and spring tube assembly Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:46 am

Hi vernonsmith

I had this problem with a friends mp40 I was asked to convert to PFC firing for him .

I tried everything to take it apart but I was starting to damage it .

Then I had the idea of heating it over the open flame of one of the burners on my gas stove to expand the metal. Within the minute it came apart as the heat had melted the glue that was holding the tube and the bolt together. It was that easy.

FJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take down bolt and spring tube assembly   Take down bolt and spring tube assembly Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Take down bolt and spring tube assembly
Page 1 of 1