MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taiwan's WE M14 GBB

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Empty
PostSubject: Taiwan's WE M14 GBB    Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:25 am

Got the news that WE finally release their much-anticipated M14 GBB rifle (especially for the Taiwanese men - this rifle along with their Type 59 clone served the Taiwanese Army for over 30 years so this is definitely a frequently sought-after item) and a demo sample was sent to a particular HK gun shop for customer evaluation.

I think I'll wait for the later batch as the first batch won't carry any marking on the receiver (just like their Luger P08 before - laser marking version available almost half a year later).
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan's WE M14 GBB    Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:31 am

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=6858

Finally in stock and it seems it's better built than their Colt M4 (clear chamber/no gas leaking mag out-of-the-box) - one downside will be the stock made of plastic (what's called "chemiwood" in Japan as HIGUsan told me before) instead of real wood...

But again - will wait for the ones with markings on the receiver...
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 170
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan's WE M14 GBB    Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm sceptical... the plastic stock really is a drawback, especially as they didn't even TRY to make it look like wood, it's just plain brown plastic. The magazines of the first reviewed M14 have a strange olive green color. Some guy in a chinese forum already encountered gas leaks within the hopup unit, so he had to seal it himself.

The WE M14 is the closest thing to the Hudson GBB M14 modelgun, which is just impossible to get, so I was really looking forward to this. Up to now, I'm a bit disappointed. We'll see, what the first reviews say and in which way WE will improve their second batch of M14s.

Still, thumbs up for them making an M14 GBB Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan's WE M14 GBB    Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 5:00 am

Gas leak is a curse for WE guns - I got their M4A1 and I'd already tried out 5 mags before walking out of the shop with the good one...but just after 3 more charges at home the gas just gushed out like mad Evil or Very Mad ...

Hopefully I can find a real wood stock to go with it (later)...

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan's WE M14 GBB    Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:14 am

There are several videos of the WE M14 on youtube now, this one forms part of ehobby asia's sales advertising:

Watching this, it doesn't look or sound bad at all BUT this is, after all a retailer's video and will only show the very best performance.

Jim, are WE gas magazines particularly prone to leaking then? I've had my eye on their latest KAC PDW Open Bolt GBB model and am very tempted to buy. The last thing I need though is leaking magazines as no other brand of mag' is compatable with WE's Open Bolt system from what I gather.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan's WE M14 GBB    Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:13 am

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan's WE M14 GBB    Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 am

Also from the latest Arms Magazine (one of the ads) - as expected WE released their latest batch of M14 with authentic Springfield markings on the receiver (but of course the first several lots dedicated to the Japanese market only so those of us might have to wait a little bit longer)...

Along with the real wood stock designed for this M14 by RA Tech - not too far away to own a perfect GBB M14 Very Happy !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taiwan's WE M14 GBB    Taiwan's WE M14 GBB  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taiwan's WE M14 GBB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MP40's Modelguns Forum :: ***NEW*** Shell Ejecting and GBB Airsoft :: GBB Airsoft General Discussion-
Jump to: