MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG

Go down 
+7
Fight Designer
jim
ljerr2
claymore
smootik
Cerwyn
Pydracor
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Empty
PostSubject: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:45 pm

I know, this section is for GBBs, but TOP's recent announcement sounds too interesting for modelgun fans and airsofters alike Smile

TOP is an airsoft company that is around for quite a while, though they have released guns of more than questionable internal quality. Their reputation suffered greatly and they almost disappeared from the market.
Now they seem to plan their comeback with an obviously very exceptional system: A shell ejecting AEG, that can be fired with or without shells.
First video looks very promising, but seeing that it comes from TOP, I'd say wait and see Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Hi Pydracor

This one does sound very interesting indeed. Like you, I found the video on youtube a couple of days ago.
Despite it being an AEG, it doesn't sound like one at all, none of that sewing machine whirring. It appears to "crack" more like a GBB and ejects shells cleanly and impressively.

It's one to keep an eye on definately

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:11 pm

That's what I thought, it behaves much more like a GBB. There would be clouds coming out of the mechanism regularly, though, if it was a GBB, it really is an AEG. TOP also announced this on their homepage Wink

TOP tried to venture into the GBB sector several months ago, when they planned to offer M249 airsoftguns with externally powered Daytonagun GBB internals, but the deal never came to pass. Still, I expected them to try to follow the GBB path, like so many others these days. Also seems to be the easier way, when you plan to make a shell ejector... strange decision to go with an electric system Shocked
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:46 pm

I'm very curious as to how it actually works.

The biggest problem with AEGs is the awful sound of sewing machine. I expected it even in shell-ejector. TOP seems to have overcome that, if videos are truthful.

Now if a cap could be added for smoke&sound effects instead of shooting a ball - there's a winner :-D
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:34 pm

there is a vid arniesairsoftt and i have to say it looks great really ejects those shells, somthing like this could be the total killer for modelguns if it takes off
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:34 pm

reading through Arnie's Airsoft forum page discussing this model, (http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=187797) I spotted this comment from one of the contributors...

"The shells sound metal as they hit the bench{expensive}.It does state on the home page that the shell ejecting parts are optional so you do have to alter the gun to Shoot BBs on their own or change to the shell ejecting mode.
Not really useful to the average airsofter but very useful to the training community where the "Brass" can be collected easily enough."

I had thought that I couldn't see a shell ejecting gun like this being popular with airsoft skirmishers simply because they wouldn't (couldn't) spend all their time searching through fields or woodland looking for their expensive spent cartridges.
If this chap has got it right, there's no such problem for a skirmisher, it'll be a standard bb firing AEG without the shell eject conversion kit.
Will it fire bbs AND eject shells TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_question
We'll have to wait for more information but as Claymore says, a reliable shell eject model M4, IF not too expensive could steal some sales away from Marushin's M14/XM177

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:47 am

oh no...................this doesn't look good for my savings account....................
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:12 am

TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG 260720101174

TOP...they aren't talking about their reputation isn't it? Still can't forget their MP40 before...and finger-cross for something like this under ¥50,000...

I think I'd mentioned before that Marui have already having these shell ejecting AEG under development (somebody sent me those renderings by Marui on their MP5/G36/M4 etc - I need to search for it)...maybe now some Marui R&D personnel switch to TOP for this...
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 am

Hey Jim, any luck with these Marui renderings? These would make some great breaking news in our airsoft forum Wink
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:35 pm

I must have saved those 6 technical drawings in one of my 10 portable Hard Disc Drive (500 GB each!) without renaming it (I wasn't so serious about it at first) - so I really need more time to look for it Mad ...

In my vague memory (got it some 4 years ago) there were the MP5A5/M4A1/M16A2/SA80 (forgot the others) - the mags are similar to the real steel while the motors were fitted inside the grip & the batteries as usual fitted inside the foregrip: only the bolt is connected to the gearbox as if it'll be activated by trigger pull (if that's the case then it might be similar to MGC's Glock firing system - blowback before firing) - and those drawings cannot show too clearly how it'll go in full-auto...

Might be a hoax after all - but nevertheless the drawings looked quite promising (yes only the drawings): there were so many flops in both airsoft & modelgun world over the years (e.g. for modelguns Hudson's MP5 SMG & M60 LMG...also MGC's "Smart" Dummy rounds)...

By the way the drawings are in brown background...
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 3:25 am

Wow. Would love to get ahold of these!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 pm

2 new videos can be found here and here, now with sewing machine sound (especially in the first one) and a few jams Smile

Still, this looks extremely promising, will try to get my hands on one of these.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:36 pm

Now it is a more realistic video :-)
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:14 pm

thats a fast rate of fire and this is looking more and more intreresting
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:53 am

Read from somewhere which a safety device is installed - when there's a jam the power will immediately cut-off in order to avoid further damage to other parts (gearbox / motor / etc)...

Won't be any Colt marking for these Top M4 - unless they grant the rights from Rampant Classics (becoming the official Colt licence holder in Japan as of ~ May this year - according to the GUN magazine)...but nevertheless an interesting piece!
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 pm

And some more info and pictures here. Maybe someone here can translate this? Smile

Those silver parts seem a bit strange to me, hopefully they'll be black on the finished product...
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:04 am

Me! Basically the pictures tell the story...something like:

- pictures shown are samples only in which the final product have yet to be finalised;
- the first "Electric Modelgun" ever with real steel action;
- easy to clear the jams & reload;
- Patent Pending;
- Aluminium Die-Cast Body
- DX (deluxe) aluminium rounds as options
- magazines not interchangable with real ones & capacity's 30 rds

That's basically about it - for particular paragraphs which you guys want to find out pls paste it here then I'll try to get the meaning out Very Happy

Silver parts - usual practices for Japanese toy gun makers during exhibitions in order to emphasise which parts are metal (might have already known metal is quite precious for Japanese guns unlike Taiwan & other places) - and they'll definitely change the parts back to black on finished products Very Happy (but I wish the bolt remain as silver)!
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 am

Thank you for the information.

regarding Colt markings / trade mark issues: Does 3P Airsoft no longer hold the rights for Colt models?
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:37 am

From what I've learnt - Rampant Clasics hold the Colt trademark within Japan and 3P Airsoft (is it related to Cybergun?) hold the rights outside Japan...correct me if I'm wrong Very Happy ...
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:28 am

I am not in the position to correct you! Smile Yes, I think 3P and Cybergun are related. I am a little confused as I found the 3P logo on the box of my HobbyFix M4A1 that has full Colt trade marks ...
Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Newstime Smile

Sorry jim, misunderstood you in the Cheytac thread, I thought you'd have info on the Top M4 having died down.
Luckily, it hasnt Very Happy

Here's two new videos (I think they're from the same event): Video 1 and Video 2

Still looks pretty promising, even though the system seems to jam from time to time and the sound is a bit of a letdown... would have been so much better with a GBB system.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:31 am

No problem at all - only that airsoft/modelgun projects will eventually "died" from time to time (for example Hudson's M60 & MP5A5)...I wish them well Rolling Eyes ...
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:56 am

Looks like it's for sale now:
http://www.gunsmithbaton.com/product/339
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:10 am

Taking pre-orders...underneath it says expected release date = late Feb.
Back to top Go down
shazhib
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
shazhib

Number of posts : 323
Location / Country : Tokyo, Japan

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm

I heard this model still have bit of ejection problem......sale day changed 2 or 3 times already.
S
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG   TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOP: Shell ejecting M4 AEG
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next