MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GARRETT

Number of posts : 5
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Empty
PostSubject: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Need help on this one... I found a MGC Beretta 93R for sale, stagnate slide, detachable magazine and stock, material ABS. The gentlemen that is selling it states that it's spring powered... the only one I know of is gas.

The pic is from him, and it's the best he can do, so I tried to clear it up a bit. One thing stands out through the blurriness, is the bottom of the magazine, there is a disk like shape that appears to be removable.

Dose look familiar to anyone ?

thanks,
GARRETT

Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Magbottom
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:16 am

A Spring-Powered M93R shall be from a company called "Marukoshi" or something - or maybe a Maruzen's early production during the 80s...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi Garrett

I have one of MGCs Beretta M93R models, here are a couple of photos for comparison...
Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? DSC01826

Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? DSC01821

It's a Gas Blow Back, ABS construction gun which I believe is the first GBB project Tanio Kobayashi designed for MGC / Taito.
The Gas filler is a normal small cigarette lighter type valve located in the mag's base plate.

The photo you've posted has what looks more like a removeable screw cap used for C02 powered Airsoft guns. Unscrew the cap, pop in a new C02 cylinder, tighten the cap till the cylinder's seal is punctured.

Personally, I'm not aware of any C02 powered M93Rs released by MGC. I'm curious to know if the ABS material used to make a gun like this is strong enough to handle C02 Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
GARRETT

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Hi Jim and Cerwyn,

Thank you for the info and the pics.

Jim, thank you for the good leads. I did an image search, and neither the Marukoshi Beretta M93R or Maruzen M93R have that odd disk on the bottom of the magazine.

Cerwyn, I thought it was a removable screw cap used for C02 as well, but the gentlemen selling it stated it was for the BB's (?).

I think this guy is mistaken, and he has no idea what he has. It might be worth buying just to see what it is.

Garrett
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:13 pm

It may be worth asking the seller for a couple more photos Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_question

A maker's name might be stamped or moulded into the ABS somewhere. Perhaps a short sequence of photos showing how he loads bbs into the mag, cocks the gun and how it fires Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_question

I've been searching through the larger Airsoft on-line dealers' pages but can't find a Spring only operated M93R without success. If it's long out of production like my MGC version that's no concern really but all I can find are GBB versions in ABS and full metal, Electric with fixed slides and cap firing Modelguns.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:50 am

Ah...forgot to mention that a Taiwanese-made M93R using CO2 had been hanging around in Taiwan (should be from KWA I reckon) and as Cerwyn mentioned: the nut below the mag is to lock and secure the CO2 bottle...

Shame some of these had been illegally modified into modelgun and even live weapons (I posted the pics of the modelgun version sometime ago from certain auction sites) and now it's difficult to find these up for bid anymore...
Back to top Go down
GARRETT

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Jim, the KWA 93R you speak of, was it a GBB or was the slide fixed? Where the early MGC 93R's, GBB's or fixed slide? Did they make a co2 magazine for the MGC 93R?

I asked for more pics, lets see what he comes up with, and for the text stamped on the slide.

Garrett

UPDATE:

Just received this information from him:

• Left side on slide, "MGC Model 93R-AP and Patent Automatic Air Pistol".
• Left side on frame, AP850130.

• Right side on slide, "Modelguns Corporation Made in Japan".

• Magazine is marked, "40 shots Super Magazine - Model Guns Corporation".

Back to top Go down
Pydracor
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 169
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:02 pm

This seems to be the early MGC M93R from 1985 (it's listed in the widespread "airsoft releases" list as
MGC Beretta M93R (gas)).

I recommend www.classicairsoft.net for further information, there are some real cracks regarding old airsoftguns on this site Smile
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 4:27 am

GARRETT wrote:
Jim, the KWA 93R you speak of, was it a GBB or was the slide fixed? Where the early MGC 93R's, GBB's or fixed slide? Did they make a co2 magazine for the MGC 93R?

I asked for more pics, lets see what he comes up with, and for the text stamped on the slide.

Garrett

UPDATE:

Just received this information from him:

• Left side on slide, "MGC Model 93R-AP and Patent Automatic Air Pistol".
• Left side on frame, AP850130.

• Right side on slide, "Modelguns Corporation Made in Japan".

• Magazine is marked, "40 shots Super Magazine - Model Guns Corporation".

The KWA (or other Taiwanese makers) M93R runs on CO2 and I believe it is a GBB otherwise it'll be impossible to convert a fixed slide gun into modelgun or even live firearm...

Early MGC M93R (circa mid 1980s) made in fixed slide and no CO2 allowed on Japanese airsoft ever (even the 12kg so-called "Top Gas" are prohibited in Japan) - but without the aid of higher pressure gas this is already a very powerful airsoft...

And...MGC never made any Spring-Powered Gun (let alone M93R) - so this is definitely a MGC fixed slide gas pistol (MGC had all of their GBB M93R made during mid-90s bearing authentic Beretta markings just like Cerwyn's).

Back to top Go down
GARRETT

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 5:55 pm

WOW! did I register in the right forum! bounce

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to provide this wealth of information.

I just emailed the seller, and informed him, I would like to make the purchase.

I will defiantly post pics.

Garrett
Back to top Go down
GARRETT

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:28 pm

Well... ya win some and you lose some, somebody got there before me. Sad

Garrett
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?   Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with identification MGC Beretta 93R ?
Page 1 of 1