MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Empty
PostSubject: Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol   Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Garyforce

well gents .......as the poll for the Gary review service says to keep em comming (all 8 of the people who voted :? ) …… heres another small review for you....and i do mean small Very Happy
MARUSHIN’s COLT 25 AUTOMATIC PISTOL
(pictures below)

Specs
Lenght: 11.2cms / 4 3/8" (muzzle to butt)
Barrel: 5.7 cm / 2 1/4" (open)
Weight: 180g (approx)
Materials: Heavyweight abs & zinc alloy
Grip: Plastic (wood grips are possibly available)

Comments
And i thought the derringer was small ! Laughing .its hard to belive that they actually make automatics this tiny ...... but this "metal look" gun from Marushin is compact ... durable ....and a lot of fun Very Happy

The magazine pops out with the push of a button which resides nicely at the bottom of the butt.
You then need to load up your carts and these are small fellas Very Happy unscrew the bottom of the cart and insert a 5mm cap so that its facing the bottom of the cart ..... screw the bottom back on.....load the magazine with 6 rounds and your ready to rock Smile

Firing
Obviously first you need to chamber the round by puling the slide back and hearing “click clack”. ….. then all you need do is pull the trigger.
Depending on how fast you fire determines how quick this action is ….. you can however unload the 25 in about 3 seconds ….. and for such a tiny gun .... its LOUD ! Very Happy i think having the caps facing backwards helps to amplify the sound

Cleaning
The Colt 25 is simple to strip down first pull the slide back and lock it with the safety catch .....then unscrew the barrel...... realse the catch and remove the slide by pulling it forward.
Then a series of 'pins' allow you to remove the hammer mechanism (this is fiddley at the best of times but with something this small ..... :S .. its a challenge !!
The weirdest part of this operation is when you come to what can only be described as "the wierd plastic futuristic miniture clothes peg" Very Happy ! this is a tool enclosed in the box wich allows you to remove (and return) a specific part of the internal mechanism ...... without this "thing" .... you wil not be able to successfuly strip the gun down !
Again let me stress as I always do, as you remove the hammer & trigger its important (if not refering to instructions) to make note of how the parts of the hammer & trigger fit together !
Next, clean and oil the gun using whatever cleaning solution / oil you prefer. (personally i would recommend marks cleaning technique of hot water, baking soda & vinegar)
Then once we are cleaned and oiled .... put it all back together ....and your done !

Over all
This really is a fun little peice Very Happy and definatly a specialty item .... if you like derringers you'll like this..cose this is derringer meets automatic Very Happy
not particularly weighty .... but what it lacks in weight it makes up for in a comfortable grip .... and a damn loud bang ! Very Happy
i'm only giving this a 8/10 ..dont get me wrong is a great peice and i'm very pleased with it ...... but you should only think of getting this if you'r into the "novelty" modelguns ....... and this is certainly that Very Happy
WOOD GRIPS
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol 130502878
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol 130502862
STANDARD GRIP
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol 118802528
p.s. many thanks to both Markus & Ray Wink ... cheers lads
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol   Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Mark

Interesting review Gary Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Icon_lol The Colt .25 "Pocket" pistol is a rather curious (and tiny!) handgun. These tiny pocket .25's where considered as adequate for self protection in the 1900's as thugs where smaller???? Anyway, the Marushin Colt .25 that i had was a pain to shoot and it really didn't work that well..But, in it's defense, it was a well used example when i received it.

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol   Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Mark

Gary, you are aware that Marushin has made a HW version of the Colt pocket .25 aren't you? It looks like it would weigh as much as the original Colt..Anyway, neat pistol!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol   Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 pm

Reviving this thread after a thousand years or so. Have this gun, managed to strip it down as it never came with the disassembly tool, now struggling to reassemble the same way.

Thanks for the review btw.
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol   Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Vyking, I added a set of the instructions for the Kit version of this little one on here a few months ago!

Here:

Browning wrote:
Here are the English version:

Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Page1
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Page2
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Page3
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Page4
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Page5
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Page6
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Page7
Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Page8

My Built version:

Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Colt25v2

Andy

Andy
Back to top Go down
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol   Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 2:18 am

Cheers Andy! I'd actually got about 80% there from trial and error but this was indeed helpful. I've got to find my pliers and gently lock the barrel back in place as the lack of a dedicated tool is a major issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol   Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin's Colt 25 Automatic Pistol
Page 1 of 1