MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy Empty
PostSubject: Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy   Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:44 am

Various Courier companies prohibit carriage of Replica Imitation Firearms as we've already discussed.
Posts included in Buyer/Seller Feedback category give details of Royal Mail and Parcelforce's policies regarding carriage of Replicas, reprinted here for your information:

BaggyPants wrote:
DOC wrote:
....you are quite lucky you received the previous parcels as UK carriers are quite within their rights to seize/destroy any items on their prohibited list. ( replica guns )

Despite whether you take out insurance or not ...once these carriers know what was in the parcel they will flatly tell you you are not receiving a penny !!

The moral of the story ......" If you ship from the UK , eventually something will be detected and you WILL LOOSE your item and its value"

Replica guns are not on Royal Mail or Parcel Forces restricted/prohibited list:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400138&mediaId=36200675

Royal Mail merely state that "Items that appear to be prohibited weapons or explosive ordnance, even if incapable of being used as a weapon, will be subject to closer scrutiny which will cause delay."

International prohibitions:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400138&mediaId=36200679

It only states "Replica and inert explosive devices and military ordnance, including inert grenades, inert shells and similar items are not permitted for either import or export, and if posted within the UK will be subject to closer scrutiny which will cause delay."

Doesn't mention replica weapons at all. Ordnance refers to shells, bombs, cartridges, grenades, mines, etc., not weapons.

No mention in either of seizing/destroying or not paying out on insurance claims for replica weapons. Where have you been told that replica guns are on their prohibited list?

DOC wrote:
In Correspondence from BOTH Royal Mail and Parcelforce when attempting to making a claim for two lost items.

I argued the point that it is NOT clearly stated in their terms that replica arms are prohibited ...they told me that there were and I was politely asked to look to use another couriers services.

I will guarantee that NO-ONE will have successfully made a loss claim against either royal mail or parcelforce for a lost replica gun item involving international travel.

If I can find the paperwork I`ll digitise it and get it up here but its been filed in my utterly disgusted folder somewhere...

DOC

DOC wrote:
Here we go , first two from royal mail declaring that my items ( both misplaced ) were prohibited and therefore I could get no compensation

Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy Lostitemroyalmail2

Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy Lostitemroyalmail

This is from a leaflet they sent me outlining that anything they dont like they can destroy

Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy Destruction

Parcelforce ...in this instance they detected and returned it to me ...the next time they "lost it " and told me to go spin as they had previously informed me that the items were prohibited from air transport outside the UK

Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy Parcelforceloss

I have a whole bunch of other communication threatening legal action etc but it all came to nothing as they said their policy was subject to alteration at anytime in the interests of their company.

DOC

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy   Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:59 am

Refer to:-

for continued discussion on shipping replicas within the EU

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

Royal Mail & Parcelforce Restricted Goods Policy
Page 1 of 1