MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Ingram MAC11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by Claymore

Update time, 1 vid to go with the review. This is the HW version but with the old style open round detonator pin, i find the old style rounds far better in this gun (a lot quicker and easier to load as well) i wonder if the cp rounds are too powerful for this model as i had a lot of breakages when i used them and they were never as reliable.

Both MGC and Marushin caps were used and i think you can tell the difference. the mag had 25 rounds in it and the last vid looks like single shot but it was not i just wanted to show how controlled the burst fire could be.

https://youtu.be/vnlEdqMNcDc

Last edited by Cerwyn on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Video Restored

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:44 pm

A short clip of mine

I've converted mine back to the older Open Cartridge system in preference to the c.p. cartridge. Advantages are no more 5mm 0-rings peeling off cartridge pistons and breaking regularly, much better muzzle flash effect from standard 5mm MG caps (no flash powder)
The only disadvantage being the Detonator Pin gets dirty very quickly, deposits build on it making cartridges jam themselves solid on it. 60 rds (2 mags) are about it before the pin needs cleaning. Worth it though for the improved firing effect

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:47 pm

Video reposted. Photobucket glitch sorted

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 5:48 pm

Vid on again
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Nice!

I've also considered swapping the CP deto on the HW M11 to the old, open-style deto and carts. Seems like my HW models have a heavier bolt pull than my ABS M11 and wasn't sure if they'd work well. Looks like they do.

I have tried the TanioKoba EasyCP setup in the HW version and they do work exceptionally well. Not sure about long-term durability of the HW bolt. I have no issues, yet, but haven't fired a lot. I've seen a lot of damaged HW M11 bolts over the years when buying used M11s, though.

Maybe we'll be in luck with a CAW revival of the M11 and possibly spare bolt availability? Sign me up for some spares!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 7:28 pm

The beauty of the open rounds is the fact they dont destroy bolts, the first 2 bolts had were destroyed in about 3 rounds, NOT GOOD!
I have always had good experience with the open rounds but i wonder if the det pin due to its rounded shape will wear out, not happend yet but i wish tanio koba had made a open round for the M11 with that seal system he has for the GM7.
I have just picked another M11 converted to marushin m84, be a while before i get a chance to test it out but i have hopes as the marushin rounds are not as powerful as other cp rounds.

I also hope CAW come out with the M11 and some spares, i think and hope they make improvements with the bolt system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MGC Ingram MAC11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MGC Ingram MAC11   MGC Ingram MAC11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Ingram MAC11
Page 1 of 1