MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most expensive PFC UZI ever????

Go down 
+3
jim
yellow
JohnnyV
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Empty
PostSubject: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:16 pm

Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 9:18 pm

I'll sell mine for 100£ less. Who wants it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:26 am

He forgot to mention the feeding ramp's made of diamond Laughing ...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Is this definately a PFC Marushin UZI or could it be a Blank Firing one scratch

I wonder how much this guy paid for it in the first place ... somebody might have seen him coming Exclamation
There are a couple of Marushin UZIs on Milweb. One's £850 the other's £650 I think. I thought THEY were expensive Exclamation

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 4:56 pm

Having e-mailed this UZI's seller, it certainly appears to be one of Marushin's early models. It'll have the long barrel, i.e. straight through not gas by-pass, as seen elsewhere here in the Marushin UZI category.
He aquired it believing it to be a Blank Firer, it was labelled as a Blank Firer too.

He's going to amend his Gunbroker Ad accordingly. I really hope he didn't pay "Blank Firer" money for it No and that fortunately he hasn't attempted to fire 9mm Blank rounds through it. Could've been a nasty blow-up that pale

Back to top Go down
bob
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
bob

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : norfolk
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 8:41 pm

He tryed to selll this in kit form on gunstar earlier so if he has put it together he knows its not a blank
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:58 pm

The craziness continues lol!
http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Submachine-Gun/Jager-M16-gun-for-sale-gs28574.aspx

now at a bargain price of What a Face £1650
and now it can morph at will into an M16 !!!!that is one cool Uzi !
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:31 am

Let the imaginations run wild Laughing !
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:13 am

Well, having written to the seller of these Uzis and the Jager M16 several times, I quickly came to the conclusion that he is best avoided at all times.
His "Blank Firing" UZI turned out to be a Marushin PFC model (as expected) but his claims that it had been fully converted into a unique and "Fantastic" blank firer sounded like complete and utter nonsense.
His capfiring UZIs are ridiculously overpriced, his Blank Firer UZIs are no such thing despite his claims so, my personal opinion, avoid this particular seller at all costsbefore he rips you off financially and /or you blow your face off firing a Blank round throughtone of his so called "blank firing" replicas

Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:09 am

100% agree with all of that !
Back to top Go down
bob
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
bob

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : norfolk
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:06 pm

Seems to be alot of jagers for sale at the mo, one just on zeroin airsoft went for £400
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 pm

It (he) is a cause for concern. affraid

I sent this email to Gunstar pale

"Re advert # 28574

Please refer to this posting:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2933-most-expensive-pfc-uzi-ever

You may have cause to be concerned, and thought I should bring this matter to your attention in case someone is injured or killed by accident???

Your comments would be appreciated.
Thank you."

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 am

JUST IN FROM GUN STAR: cheers

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have removed the gun that is mentioned, and I am about to email the seller. Please could you add a note to the forum (it says I cant add a reply to it) updating the post for me.

Many thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

Best regards

Dom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GunStar has more Unique visitors than any other classified gun site in the UK, with over 170,000 UNIQUE visitors per month.

Thanks Dom

Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:38 am

Thank you for this KiwiG Exclamation

Your message to Gunstar must have proven more effective than mine. I'd also written to them expressing concern about False Advertising i.e. Describing cap firers as 9mm PAK Blank Firers, Grossly Overpriced items and the real dangers of attempting to fire Blank ammunition through Zinc and/or Aluminium Modelguns.
There have also been several Blank Firers offered with dubious legal issues here in the UK. Gunstar do cover themselves with that by stating that buyers should check legalities applicable in their home countries before purchasing Replicas & Blank Firers but even so...

It's reassuring to know that Gunstar have taken steps to stop this individual from a) ripping people off for serious amounts of cash and b) possibly causing someone serious injury

Thanks again for taking time to write to Gunstar Kiwi

Back to top Go down
megamicrofish
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 137
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks mega'

I've just e-mailed Gunstar again.

Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 12:23 am

Hi Cerwyn:

I had assumed you'd taken more action, so I thought an email from the opposite side of the world would also add some weight to member's concerns: the last thing modelgun owner needs is for a modelgun causing death or injury resulting in yet more legislation from "Big Brother". Sad

Fair enough to have a modelgun converted to be a blank-firer by legal means; it's another thing to have the possibility of someone advertising a modelgun under false pretenses to make a lot of money: which seemingly is the case from the information to hand. Evil or Very Mad

As always "Caveat emptor" - "Let the buyer (AND USER) beware!"

expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? ARMLEGUZI

Kiwigunner

expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Kiwie1
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 10:53 am

Hi Kiwi,

I had contacted the UZI's seller first to clarify exactly what he had. Once it was clear he had Marushin's PFC UZI for sale, described as a Blank Firer my first course of action was to advise him as politely as possible that CAP firing models are in no-way safe to attempt firing Blanks through them.
He appeared grateful for the advice, said he would correct his adverts.
He did the opposite and continued to push Marushin UZIs as 9mm PAK Blank Firers.
Further correspondence with him made it clear he had no intention of being honest, far from it. His description of how he'd converted a Marushin UZI into a Blank Firer read like complete nonsense and appeared to show little or no regard to the Law or to Safety.
I did contact GunStar expressing concerns but didn't receive a reply.
Your message, however, has struck a cord with them thankfully and they are taking action to ensure replicas sold on their site are both Legal and Safe.
Thank you for taking the time to do so;) . You're absolutely right, the last thing our hobby needs right now is controversy over unsafe replicas blowing up in peoples' faces.

On a similar vein, I contacted a seller on Gunstar offering a Blank Firing MGC Colt Peacemaker yesterday... see below

Dear Sir,
I hope you won't mind me writing to you but the MGC made Colt 44/40 you have for sale is not a Blank Firer in the true sense of the term. It is a Zinc Alloy modelgun designed to fire caps loaded into the nose of reuseable brass cartridges.
The model will be stamped 44/40 Long Blank MGC MANUFACTURY, probably with Japan on theframe beneath the grips. This reference to Blanks is missleading and an error of judgment by MGC.
For safety's sake please do not attempt to load and fire Blank ammunition through this. At best it'll destroy the model, at worst seriously injure you or anyone close by.
Caps and cartridges are available that are safe for use in this model.
I sincerely hope you don't mind me writing to you but I'd hate to see you blow this model up injuring yourself in the process.
Kind Regards,
Cerwyn Jones, Site Admin of https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net

In reply to the following advert
Colt Peacemaker
Blank Firing 1970s MGC Japan,Colt Peacemaker,excellant condition,along with leather holster & gunbelt,a real collectable. Five pounds postage & Paypal preffered
£ 160.00
Advert reference: 33319

I received this message this morning:

Hi Cerwyn
Many thanks for the usefull information,I will make sure that the information is passed on.
Best Wishes
Dave

We've discussed these MGC 44/40 "Long Blank" models here quite recently and it's understable that folks assume they are Blank Firers especially if they're stamped as such.
The least we can do is politely advise sellers that there's a misunderstanding. Better to do that than let some poor unfortunate blow his face off firing Blank rounds in Zinc cap guns

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Following further discussions with Gunstar's Administrator, I've received the following e-mail:-

"Your comments are very useful and will help me in the future to know more about the differences. (between PFC Cap Firing and Blank Firing replicas)... I have told him... (Mr.M.Davis seller of falsely advertised B/F Marushin UZIs)... that I will look at his adverts on Monday, but from what you have just said here, I will ensure that he knows that any cap firing guns he has or wants to advertise must Not be advertised as blank firing."

That will, hopefully, stop buyers paying over the odds for falsely advertised modelguns but may well save someone from serious injury or worse should they attempt to fire a Blank round through a modelgun
Thanks to everyone that contacted Gunstar about this

Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 1:29 am

Excellent news! cheers

A good team effort! Cool Cool Cool Cool

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most expensive PFC UZI ever????   expensive - Most expensive PFC UZI ever???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most expensive PFC UZI ever????
Page 1 of 1